SWLABR
Sitting on Top of the World
White Room

richmon
07-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Those were the Days
Tales of Brave Ulysses
White Room
Honerable mention: Pressed Rat and Warthog.

Selling atonal apples, amplified heat,
And Pressed Rat's collection of dog legs and feet.

Jack in Wilmington
07-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Three is really tough. I should pick three long songs, but I'll play fair. Cream has the distinction of being the band that got me into Rock music. Crossroads and White Room were always on the old juke box no matter where you went in those days.

1. I'm So Glad

2. Passing The Time

3. Deserted Cities of the Heart

RoyY51
07-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Crossroads

White Room

I Feel Free

Snowbunny
07-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Okay, what other song has such a recognizable opening riff - gotta be Sunshine of Your Love. :15:

Timeless music!

Hey MC, what'd you retire or something? Seems like a lot of front page activity coming from your direction?

Snowie

RoyY51
07-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Of course! I completely forgot about their seminal hit!

Snowbunny
07-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Of course! I completely forgot about their seminal hit!

Well, if I had actually paid attention to the title of the post, I would also have chosen White Room and I Feel Free, as well.

I thought my choice was so obvious no one bothered to mention it . . .

MasterCylinder
07-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Hey MC, what'd you retire or something? Seems like a lot of front page activity coming from your direction?
Snowie

Hi Bun :

Very little activity............but relative to a dead board..........well, you know.

Snowbunny
07-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi Bun :

Very little activity............but relative to a dead board..........well, you know.

True, it is kinda limping along.

Of course, now its just too easy to research new music on the web. It seems superfluous to spend time on message boards, reading random reviews, when you might just as well listen to the music on youtube, and form your own opinion.

I still like talking about music, and comparing notes with other music geeks. It adds to my enjoyment of music, and since there aren't many "real" people in my life who feel the same, I do need to come back and visit this music geekdom every now and then.

Hope life's treating you well, MC!

Snowie

MasterCylinder
07-24-2012, 04:28 AM
True, it is kinda limping along.

Of course, now its just too easy to research new music on the web. It seems superfluous to spend time on message boards, reading random reviews, when you might just as well listen to the music on youtube, and form your own opinion.

I still like talking about music, and comparing notes with other music geeks. It adds to my enjoyment of music, and since there aren't many "real" people in my life who feel the same, I do need to come back and visit this music geekdom every now and then.

Hope life's treating you well, MC!

Snowie

Yep................we're in the same boat.
Life is good -- just returned from the magical state of New Mexico where we buried my Mom.
In the words of Goerge Harrison, All things must pass.

Very nice to hear from you, Snowie.

Snowbunny
07-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Hey MC,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. It's a life passage we all have to go through, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Hope you're at peace,

Susan

MasterCylinder
07-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Hey MC,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. It's a life passage we all have to go through, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Hope you're at peace,

Susan

Snowie..............

I sent you a PM.