Bose Sounddock/Wave music/Sony ipod docks [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bose Sounddock/Wave music/Sony ipod docks

amarmistry
07-09-2012, 12:09 PM
I am really not abig fan of Bose (for the home theater system or their floor standers in general), but I might need a little help deciding a gift for someone. I need to spend around $400-$450 and I was looking at Bose SoundDock Portable Digital Music System ($399.99), Bose SoundDock Series II ($249.99), Sony RDP-XF300IP ($249) and Harman KArdon Go+Play.

I have heard the Sony and Bose Sounddocks at Bestbuy but was not too impresed. May be because I was inside a big store with no walls for few fifty to hundred feet around, very high ceilings and people/noise around me.

I am going to Bose store to check out the Wave music systems iii, but i do not know who even carries Harman Kardon Go+Play and have it on display to see/hear it.

Any feedback/suggestions will be very helpful.

Thanks

audiophilevintage
04-06-2013, 08:41 AM
I haven't hear the HK or the Sony, but I've had experience with the Bose. If you were to choose between the two, get the portable. The dock can be "put away" so it is not damaged. Plus, my favorite, it doesn't need to be plugged in. The Series II does. They do sound very good to me. However everyone has different tastes. The only thing I caution is that the design is a bit poor. I cannot remember how the series II was set up, but the portable has about a half inch gap between the ipod and the speaker. This would make it easy for someone to bump the IPod and break the 30 pin connecter off. Besides that, it's a great little system. Plus, it can get LOUD! I've had mine for 4 months now with no problems and I'm happy so far!

Best of luck

markw
04-06-2013, 04:04 PM
M nephew had the portable Bose at an outdoor family gathering last summer and the sound quality and volume level it was capable of as impresive to say te least. It's not cheap, but it does deliver the goods. And, the fact that it can be recharged and used for several hours away from AC power adds to it's charm.

jaychenhua
10-20-2013, 06:49 AM
yes,the fact that it can be recharged and used for several hours away from AC power adds to it's charm.http://www.ximi.us/usa/images/28.gif