Average Revenue Per User [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Average Revenue Per User

Smokey
07-05-2012, 11:23 PM
This is an interesting snap shot of service providers and communication company revenues. It shows quarterly revenue based on number of customers and members each company have. ATT/Uverse lead the way with $507, while Facebook earning per user is only $1.21 every three months.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/2012/05/16/technology/facebook-arpu/chart-facebook-APRU.top.gif

Facebook IPO: You're only worth $1.21 to Facebook - May. 16, 2012 (http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/16/technology/facebook-arpu/index.htm?iid=HP_LN)

bobsticks
07-08-2012, 04:43 AM
Thanks Smokster...an interesting article I suppose though the author's comparisons are sort of apples and oranges don't you think. Obviously, the companies on the higher end of the revenues have some intrinsic differences separating them from FB, most notably, higher overhead, infrastructure (physical) and a higher level of service provided.

The next generation iPhone is developing a platform app specifically for FB so that should keep the company viable for a few more years despite the IPO debacle...and despite the fact that FB has most probably peaked with it's membership in the First World. JMHO, I wouldn't touch it for a penny more than $12.31 regardless of what anybody says.

Smokey
07-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Thanks Smokster...an interesting article I suppose though the author's comparisons are sort of apples and oranges don't you think. Obviously, the companies on the higher end of the revenues have some intrinsic differences separating them from FB, most notably, higher overhead, infrastructure (physical) and a higher level of service provided.

That is true. Another differentiation is that higher tier companies are subscription base where they collect fee, while others revenues like FB are advertise driven. And if you multiply number of customers/members by revenue per user, you will get completly different picture.

Woochifer
07-20-2012, 02:59 PM
This falls back on the old adage that if you pay for something, you're the customer; and if you get something for free, you're the product. With Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, and Directv, the subscriber is clearly the customer. You can guess what you are to the rest of the companies listed (with the exception of Microsoft).