Moonrise Kingdom [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Moonrise Kingdom

ForeverAutumn
06-30-2012, 08:02 PM
As fans of Wes Anderson and Bill Murray, there was no doubt that Hubby and I would see Moonrise Kingdom. Four thumbs up! What a great film this is.

With an all-star cast of great actors known for their quirkiness at times, we were really looking forward to this and it delivered. I don't want to say too much about the storyline itself, but it's a really cute love story between two troubled but good-hearted teens and a bunch of strange but good-intentioned adults.

This is not really a mainstream blockbuster film, it's more in the line of films like Rushmore, Juno, Raising Arizona, and Fargo. Very well done and extremely entertaining. And at only about 90 minutes it never dragged.

I highly recommend this.

dean_martin
07-01-2012, 05:33 PM
My wife and I saw it today at a single screen independent theater. For some reason it's not at any of the multiplexes in our area. Anyhow, in preparation we watched Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums and Hotel Chevalier/The Darjeeling Limited last week. Obviously we like Wes Anderson films. Moonrise Kingdom did not disappoint. Look for recurring elements from prior Anderson films. If you like his earlier stuff it's a must. If you're unfamiliar with his films I still recommend it. Extremely effective narration, quirky characters and family and pretty good acting from two young newcomers in the lead roles. The setting was wonderful.

Worf101
07-05-2012, 06:19 AM
"Moonrise Kingdom" - Interesting movie. Not as groundbreaking as my teenaged boy seems to think but I was entertained. Whimsical is the word I'd use for it. It's set in 1965 so the cultural references are pretty funny and spot on. Great acting by the two young leads who are well supported by a cast of legendaries. You could do worse with an hour and 45, particularly if the theatre's well air-conditioned.

Worf