HDMI goes wireless [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HDMI goes wireless

Smokey
06-25-2012, 02:45 PM
http://www.whathifi.com/sites/whathifi.com/files/images/newsarchive2/Newsarchive3/DVDO-Air.jpg

DVDO has just introduced a product that that make any components that HDMI input/output completely wireless. Running at 60 GHz the DVDO Air transmits Full HD and 3D video, together with 7.1 channels of audio uncompressed as it connects a HDMI® source (such as Blu-ray, cable or satellite box, notebook PC, Audio/ Video receiver, DVR) to a HDTV without wires between them.

The system comprises transmitter, receiver, TV top mount and wall mounting clips, 2 power supplies. The receiver and transmitter must be in the same room (60 GHz won’t pass through walls) and ideally be within range up to 10m non line of sight; up to 30m line of sight. It will be available from July for around $475.

Features:

Supports up to 3D 1080p
Latency 2ms
Max throughput 4Gbps
WiHD certified
Inputs HDMI 1.4a with CEC support
HDCP 2.0
2D support: 480i/p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 7ch surround
3D support: 720p 50/59.94/60. 1080p 23.98/24
Frame packing Side by Side, Top/Bottom, Sensio, RealID
Audio: 8ch PCM up to 192kHz, Dolby 5.1 up to 48kHz.

Karma : DVDO Air™ (http://www.karma-av.co.uk/product.asp?ProductID=110)

winston
06-25-2012, 08:54 PM
thanks Smokes, I'll take one for for $75 :)

BTW its a cool looking gadget, I'm thinking that the guys who owns or plan to build one of those (super size home theater) will be happy to get one when it becomes available

Sir Terrence the Terrible
06-26-2012, 02:50 PM
They don't mention the two current primary carriers of audio on Bluray, and that is DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD. Without those two sound formats on the list, this product is pretty much irrelevant.

Smokey
06-26-2012, 06:19 PM
thanks Smokes, I'll take one for for $75 :)

For that price, they will probably send you only one. Do you want transmitter or the reciever :D

They don't mention the two current primary carriers of audio on Bluray, and that is DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD. Without those two sound formats on the list, this product is pretty much irrelevant.

On its specification, it says that it provides bandwidth for full 1080p and 7.1 surround sound uncompressed. Whouldn't that support DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD also since they're not lossless.