So I saw Built to Spill last night... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So I saw Built to Spill last night...

Swish
06-24-2012, 07:36 AM
...and it was a doozy of a show at Union Transfer in Philly, which has become my favorite place, not only because it's a really nice venue, but because they have so many good shows there. So far I've seen Swervedriver, The Joy Formidable, Andrew Bird, and now B.T.S.. I was supposed to see Destroyer last Sunday but ate the tickets because I got back from Myrtle Beach too late that evening,

I sincerely believe this band, while among my favorites of the last 20 years, sounds even better live. The 3 guitar attack led by frontman, lead singer and songwriter Doug Martsch was never over-powering and their leads and interplay always tasteful. As you might guess for a live show, some of the tunes were lengthened for some nice guitar soloing.

For the Built To Spill Fans, here's the setlist from last night;

Traces
In The Morning
Stab
Virginia Reel Around the Fountain (Halo Benders)
You Were Right
Life's A Dream
Strange
Distopian Dream Girl
Else
Carry The Zero

Encore:
Nowhere Nothin' ****up
Joyride
Big Dipper
Broken Chairs

Mr MidFi
06-25-2012, 07:58 AM
I've still never seen them live, and I really need to. I was hoping they'd be added to the Lolla lineup, but it looks like they're playing RiotFest in September instead. Hmmm...

audiobill
06-25-2012, 12:36 PM
I am so jealous! Built to Spill is one of my faves too, Swishy. Must have been quite the show. Fabu setlist btw.

...and it was a doozy of a show at Union Transfer in Philly, which has become my favorite place, not only because it's a really nice venue, but because they have so many good shows there. So far I've seen Swervedriver, The Joy Formidable, Andrew Bird, and now B.T.S.. I was supposed to see Destroyer last Sunday but ate the tickets because I got back from Myrtle Beach too late that evening,

I sincerely believe this band, while among my favorites of the last 20 years, sounds even better live. The 3 guitar attack led by frontman, lead singer and songwriter Doug Martsch was never over-powering and their leads and interplay always tasteful. As you might guess for a live show, some of the tunes were lengthened for some nice guitar soloing.

For the Built To Spill Fans, here's the setlist from last night;

Traces
In The Morning
Stab
Virginia Reel Around the Fountain (Halo Benders)
You Were Right
Life's A Dream
Strange
Distopian Dream Girl
Else
Carry The Zero

Encore:
Nowhere Nothin' ****up
Joyride
Big Dipper
Broken Chairs

Swish
06-26-2012, 02:33 PM
I am so jealous! Built to Spill is one of my faves too, Swishy. Must have been quite the show. Fabu setlist btw.

Hope all is well with you Billy-Bob! Try to visit here a little more often, okay?