NPR’s ‘Car Talk’ duo retiring [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NPR’s ‘Car Talk’ duo retiring

Smokey
06-11-2012, 01:17 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/content/2012/car-talk/12810567-1-eng-US/car-talk_full_600.jpg

NPR "Car Talk" show is probably one of funniest show on radio today. Two comic mechanic brothers Tom and Ray Magliozzi said Friday they will stop making new episodes of their joke-filled auto advice show at the end of September, 25 years after “Car Talk” began in Boston.

I listen to them whenever I got a chance, and being on the radio made them so much funnier as oppose to being on TV since the jokes are mentally rather than visually. People would call in the show about their problems with their cars and brothers gave advice on how to solve it along with few side jokes that made it more comedy than "how to" show.

They also did a TV show for PBS's NOVA on future cars and that was the funniest NOVA show as jokes fly everywhere. They will be missed :(

Sir Terrence the Terrible
06-11-2012, 01:58 PM
I will miss these guys so much, as I listen to them almost every week. They are funny as hell(and corny as well), and they really are humorous while diagnosing car problems.

IMO, they are irreplaceable.

Smokey
06-11-2012, 11:15 PM
I'm surprise they didn't do their own TV shows. Maybe something like PBS's Ask This Old House series, with a car theme and whole alot of laughter.