Pair of Yamaha ns-1000s. For sale. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pair of Yamaha ns-1000s. For sale.

Chiefguard58
06-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm trying to figure out a value to sell my Yamaha ns-1000s. I am leavin for the army and ha these passed down to me from an ex girlfriends dad. A friend of mine has shown interest in them. They are not in mint condition. They have some wear to the exterior and the adjuster knob on one of the speakers has fell off inside. With that said these speakers still sound amazing and no defects to the quality of sound coming out. If anyone could give me just a rough estimate that would be great. Thanks

Chad

Mash
06-06-2012, 02:13 PM
I suggest that you solicit an offer, and if you get one, sell them for that and move on.

I remember years ago in Audio Review (remember Audio Review?) Yamahaha had an ad for their flagship speakers & in it they quoted a reviewer's comment that those Yamahahas offered "a big bright sound" not understanding that they had been panned.

Sell them and move on.

Best wishes for your Army career.

dingus
06-07-2012, 12:32 AM
the NS-1000 is a fairly high prized speaker that, in pristine condition, can go for upwards of $1000. based on your description of their condition, i would guess that $500-$700 would be a fair asking price. since they were passed on to you, have you thought about passing them on to your friend providing he keep them?