Question for all the computer geeks. What is the most.. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Question for all the computer geeks. What is the most..

Swish
05-28-2012, 08:47 AM
...efficient way to move CD tracks to a flash drive? I want to load as much as possible on my 64 gig flash drive but can't seem to find an easy way to do this without first saving the songs to my PC's hard drive, and that's a pain. Should there be some way to just view the tracks and save them to the flash drive? I tried this in Windows Media Player but I don't find it very user friendly.

I'm not looking to save entire CDs, just select tracks off a whole bunch of different CDs.

Thanks in advance for your ideas/help.

Davey
05-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks in advance for your ideas/help.

Just stick in flash drive, open EAC, click EAC->EAC Options->Directories, click Use this directory, and set path to flash drive folder you want to use. Then load CDs and select tracks to copy, either uncompressed or using installed compressors such as flac or lame. They should all be copied to that directory with whatever naming convention you have set up.

Swish
05-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Just stick in flash drive, open EAC, click EAC->EAC Options->Directories, click Use this directory, and set path to flash drive folder you want to use. Then load CDs and select tracks to copy, either uncompressed or using installed compressors such as flac or lame. They should all be copied to that directory with whatever naming convention you have set up.

My Oppo has a USB port so I can simply pop in the flash drive and play tunes without having to mess with CD cases. It will be my ultimate 'party mix', so to speak.

I just checked the manual and it will play FLAC audio files, so I'm probably going to go that route.

Thanks for the advice/instructions and I'll let you know how this works for me.

3LB
05-28-2012, 11:00 AM
I use a remote hard drive all the time with Windows Media Player. I just change the destination path in the Rip tab->more options->rip music to this location.

Swish
05-29-2012, 03:11 AM

I have EAC configured to compress in FLAC to the flash drive,and I've already saved a few tracks. This is so user friendly that I can't imagine an easier method.