Going to see Peter Gabriel [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Peter Gabriel

ForeverAutumn
05-28-2012, 08:43 AM
I was on the fence for this one. I've never seen PG live other than on DVD. I casually mentioned that he was coming to town and that maybe we should consider going and Hubby was excited about the idea (he's pretty low key and doesn't show actual excitement often :)) so I decide to get a pair of tickets during today's presale. I opted for cheaper seats than I would usually buy though.

Last summer was a summer of club shows where I don't think we paid more than $40 a ticket, but this year seems to be all big shows so far, so we have to opt for cheaper seats to be able to afford them.

If PG impresses me then maybe we'll see him again and splurge for better tickets.

3LB
05-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Is it the Scratch My Ass tour or his 'So' anniversary tour?

thekid
05-29-2012, 01:44 AM
Should be a pretty good I would think.
During his Genesis days he did some pretty unusual stuff during concerts that even the other band members did not know was coming. I have heard he has mellowed some in his older years and his shows are more about the music.

I would love to see him if he came by here. Unfortunately the amphitheater down from house has only been recycling arena acts from the 80's. Could at least count on seeing Jimmy Buffet, Dave Matthews or even the occasional James Taylor appearance. Early ads for this Summer indicate we are going to get another does of Poison, Ratt and Night Ranger this year.... :(

ForeverAutumn
05-29-2012, 05:54 AM
We saw Poison a few years back. I'm not going to go into the whole story (it's really not very exciting) but Bret Michaels offered us free tickets and we accepted. I'm not a huge Poison fan, but it was fun as hell! It's all about the showmanship with them. Lots of lighting, lasers, flashpots and energy. I wouldn't pay to see them, but if someone gave me freebies again I'd go. :D

richmon
05-30-2012, 09:29 AM
I caught his tour last summer, the Peter Gabriel and New Blood Orchestra. It was really different, the show was really focused on his lyrics and meaning of them and much less of a bombastic rock concert. I don't think they had a guitar player, the orchestra did all the instrumentation.

I enjoyed it alot, but I knew what I was getting into from the tour reviews. This years tour looks like more of a rock thing, he's a pro I'm sure it'll be great.

Enjoy.

3LB
05-30-2012, 10:01 AM
I'd love to see him if he came by here. Unfortunately the amphitheater down from house has only been recycling arena acts from the 80's. Could at least count on seeing Jimmy Buffet, Dave Matthews or even the occasional James Taylor appearance. Early ads for this Summer indicate we are going to get another does of Poison, Ratt and Night Ranger this year.... :(same here in WA. In fact, my wife got be tickets to go see Dave Mathews Band this summer for a fathers day present... that wouldn't have been my choice. I told we might have to do the toothpaste under the nose trick to survive being around the DMB crowd ;) I use to like DMB back when, but haven't bought one of his CDs since Before These Crowded Streets. I saw Ratt/Poison back in the late '80s - I felt like I was crashing a high school party.