Don't bother with the McCartney bonus disc for Ram [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Don't bother with the McCartney bonus disc for Ram

Finch Platte
05-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Ram is one of my favorite discs, but damn, some of the tracks they call bonus are atrocious. The last track is over 8 minutes long and it's the worst jam you've ever heard. Seriously, guys? This is McCartney and this is the best jam track you can find from that era? :mad:

Imho, the only track on the bonus disc worth a sh!t is Another Day, with maybe Woman Oh Why squeaking by.

$15 for a remastered Ram with 1 good extra track. Bite me. :frown2: You couldn't have found some cool live stuff from around then to add to the disc?

Oh, and both sides would have fit on a single disc, ya maroons.

http://javarecords.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/paul-mccartney-ram-4579662.jpg

jonnyhambone
05-23-2012, 01:15 PM
That's kinda lame to hear. My mono vinyl copy should be sitting on my porch as we speak. Psyched to hear it tonite

BarryL
06-04-2012, 04:24 AM
Never had Ram so I bought the remaster. So this guy was a Beatle? John's criticism of Paul at the time seems right. He must have been winging this stuff and because of name status, making some dough. I suppose that's where the name of his next band came from.

"I can smell your feet from a mile away. Keep smiling!"

3LB
06-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Never had Ram so I bought the remaster. So this guy was a Beatle? John's criticism of Paul at the time seems right. He must have been winging this stuff and because of name status, making some dough. I suppose that's where the name of his next band came from.

I always thought the same thing. Band On The Run aside, I find that his best stuff was behind him toward the end of the Beatles. All I need of McCartney's music can be contained on one CD.

BarryL
06-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Macca wrote some great pop under the Wings banner, I really grooved to Venus & Mars. But with the weight of being The Beatles lifted, it's curious that nobody is talking about the immortality of his non-Beatles song writing. Twenty years on, nobody is doing Wings covers, not even of the deep cuts.

That being said, he's an incredible talent and deserves to be an icon for both his Beatles and post Beatles writing. Too often artists try to escape conflict of egos (Paul & John) when in fact, as much as they dislike it, sometimes it drives them to new heights of creativity.

Finch Platte
06-05-2012, 08:24 AM

Got a nit to pick here, he doesn't say "Keep smiling."

That would be trite.

PAUL MCCARTNEY - SMILE AWAY LYRICS (http://www.metrolyrics.com/smile-away-lyrics-paul-mccartney.html)

BarryL
06-05-2012, 04:50 PM
I stand corrected. Mile away, smile away. That's why I always gave him credit for being a better poet than me!