My dog exploded [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My dog exploded

JohnMichael
05-16-2012, 04:09 PM
A week ago today my dog had surgery to remove a sebaceous cyst. He was healing fine at first and then the incision started looking a little rough. Tonight Corky came running out of his bedroom trying to get away from himself. His ears were covered with drops of fluid and the carpet was a mess. Serosanguineos fluid was being released through an unhealed part of the incision.

I am glad I have worked in health care for many years so I did not freak. When something is removed from the body, human or canine, fluid takes it's place after removal. Now he should heal faster. The surgery site is not hot to the touch and no redness so I have nor fear of infection. I am cleaning the site with hydrogen peroxide.

Now we are going to relax and enjoy American Idol. Have a snack and just be mellow. I am sure I will barely take my eyes of his surgery site for any signs but I am neurotic that way.

ForeverAutumn
05-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Oh no! Poor Corky...and poor you! I hope that he heals well from this point on. And thank goodness you are not freaked out by such things. I'd be a panicking, grossed-out, mess!

Worf101
05-17-2012, 04:34 AM
Just what I needed with my morning coffee and bagel! Yum! Now you know I love you dearly and am interested and ALL things in your wonderful world.... but did we REALLY need to know this? Eh? Hmm? Eh? LOL!

Worf

Feanor
05-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Corky, get well quick.

JM, the most universally loved member of our family is Kuma, our 6 yo spayed ***** (or female dog if you prefer). I've seen her sick and I hate it. Also, I grieved deeply for weeks after our previous dog died of cancer.

JohnMichael
05-18-2012, 04:57 AM
Thanks Feanor and when I first felt the bump I feared cancer. I have become very attached to my dog. I would do anything for him. Well maybe not anything since I refuse to dress him up or buy him jeweled collars. Of course he does have a studded collar and a leather vest but that is all.

We went to the Vet yesterday for a follow up. The Vet recommended warm compresses to increase blood flow and promote healing. I am also doing washes with antibacterial soap. I look forward to his being all healed up. I have been trying to keep him quiet during these times and I am anxious to play hard and let him have more freedom on his leash.

The Vet was so reassuring yesterday and did his best to calm me down. I think he could tell I was a little worked up. Now I am keeping myself busy doing all the things I need to for my dog.

OMG I have become one of those people who fuss over their dog and treat them like children.

ForeverAutumn
05-18-2012, 05:32 AM
OMG I have become one of those people who fuss over their dog and treat them like children.

LOL! Welcome to the world of pet ownership. Hubby and I promised ourselves that we would not treat our cats like children and become "one of those people". Guess what? We failed. Sometimes we hate ourselves for it. :frown2:

:biggrin5:

JohnMichael
05-18-2012, 05:39 AM
LOL! Welcome to the world of pet ownership. Hubby and I promised ourselves that we would not treat our cats like children and become "one of those people". Guess what? We failed. Sometimes we hate ourselves for it.

Sounds like we are loving nurturing people.

Now let us delete some spam and ban some A holes!