Emotiva XDA-1 $199 close out [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Emotiva XDA-1 $199 close out

cjpremierfour
05-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Just an FYI:
Emotiva has the XDA-1 for $199. I'm not sure if we will see it any lower then this price.:14:

blackraven
05-12-2012, 02:55 PM
I have not read very many good reviews about it.

winston
05-19-2012, 09:39 AM
at $199 is a no brain-er, and I'm not just saying this because "I owned four bags of Emotiva heavy metals:) the truth is, at that price point "irrespective of the fact that's its a final sale" the warranty still stand

IF one's OK, with the fact that the (XDA-1 preamp & dac are married, you cannot use one with out the other, and also the computer/usb audio connection is limited to (24/48 khz)...if your OK with that; then maybe its time to try the XDA-1 that's worth its value with the types of input options, and its good looks and gorgeous remote control :idea:

having spill all that butter on the floor:) in my situation I have had SQ issues with the XDA-1 "when using the XDA-1 and XPA-2 combo, to borrow a audiophile lingo" (it was Anal) until my audio buddy, offered me a few pairs good quality speaker Jumpers, that he no longer needed; (and I didn't have a clue that accepting these jumpers, would have saved me from having to used the XDA-1 as a door stop)

these jumpers were made with spades & banana combo, after switching them out. (again in my situation).... all I can say is Amen to that, because the SQ is now up speed, and I'm now listening to my XDA-1 & XPA-2 combo with a smile on my face

so as for myself as it turns out, I can tell y'all that my XDA-1 wasn't responsible for the SQ problems that I was having. the weak link was my (stock speakers jumpers that wasn't supplying enough juice to the upper mids & highs of my speakers

gawd; its just amazing how that, one "tweak" could make such a difference between night an day listening :wink5: (thanks LG, boy you don't have a clue how much you helped sending those jumpers my way :wink5:)

puhleeze for what its worth I'm recommending the XDA-1 for $199 + F S if you need one:yesnod:

cjpremierfour
05-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks Winston for your support!
I tried not to order one but the deal looked too good to pass on. I visited the Emotiva Room's at the Axpona Show in Atlanta where I was really inpressed by the sound / cost ratio. I am now watching my doorstep for my first external DAC and I'm am really excited about it.
:14:

LeRoy
05-19-2012, 07:13 PM
@Winston, I spent a little time this evening researching reviews on the XDA-1....my only consideration for use of the XDA-1 would to be used only as a DAC for CD playback. In your experience with the XDA-1 (and I understand that everyone has a subjective experience with audio gear) have you ever found the XDA-1 to present the SQ as "sterile, cold, or icey?"

I am thinking about getting one for the MiniWatt as I could use some db gain since my System-Audio speakers are inefficient...the MW/SA system might benefit with the XDA-1 in play.

frenchmon
05-19-2012, 07:53 PM
I have not seen Ajani around in a while, but he had one and sent it back due to issues with it.

winston
05-21-2012, 10:00 AM
@Leroy, no I wouldn't considered the XDA-1 to be "Sterile Cold or Icey" and I wouldn't I say, that's its "Warm sounding" either, "but we all have our own ways of dealing with (hights,upper & lower mid, & lows)

But I'll say this, IMHO and this is a (fact).... All Emotiva gears is on the BRIGHT SIDE and the XDA-1 is from the same Family... hence maybe that may or may not works for you!!...................................

Leroy, A few things; the XDA-1 is a DAC combined with the Preamp!!... (therefore standalone dac or preamp doesn't qualified; as you have to use the V C from .5 to the full 80 to find your number:) there's no way around that!!....PS take a look at XDA-1 specs and see how it might adds up with the MiniWatt!! http://http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/processors/products/xda1

LeRoy
05-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks Winston, that's what I was needing to know. Appreciate the info :)

TheHills44060
05-23-2012, 05:24 PM
I have not read very many good reviews about it.
Not surprising at all. Seems to be par for the course with Emotiva.