Storm Corrosion [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Storm Corrosion

Duds
05-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Anyone purchase it yet?

bobsticks
05-09-2012, 05:46 AM
That's a collaboration of P-Tree and opeth, right? I haven't purchased but I You-Tubed a track that was rather quirky...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/manW5v-AR7U?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Duds
05-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Yeah I listened to that as well, not sure what to make of it. If the rest of the disc is the same, I wont be buying it.

noddin0ff
05-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Wow. The three minutes I listened to felt like the whole nine.

BarryL
05-16-2012, 06:09 AM
Anyone purchase it yet?

Very accoustic, ambient, minor key stuff. The music is very beautiful, actually.

It's very relaxing, and the compositions are excellent.

I wish they had done a better job integrating the songs together so there weren't so many abrupt stops.

This requires a few listens, and you have to be in the mood for atmospheric ambient music. Great to have in the background while working or reading, but don't expect to party on the deck to it.

It isn't rock and roll, but I like it. More like a softer version of No-Man without the vocals, and nothing like Opeth or PT.

ForeverAutumn
05-16-2012, 07:58 AM
More like a softer version of No-Man without the vocals,

I love Akerfeldt and really want to like this, but that description makes me think that I'll just find it boring.

I think I'll listen to your copy before jumping in on this one. :)

3LB
05-16-2012, 05:14 PM
What. The. ****.

Wilson has lost it. This is the long awaited Akerfeld/Wilson collaboration? After two listens, this whole thing sounds like outtakes from the last PT or solo Wilson project (and those were repetative, derivative and unmemorable as well). Its like they're trying to be Mark Hollis or something. If I wanted music to sleep to, I go to WalMart and by a Sounds Of Nature CD... or a No-Man album.

I'm so glad I got to listen to someone else's copy first. But I am disappoined just the same, even if I don't feel the financial pinch of having purchased something I have no desire to listen to again.