Subwoofer placement for imageing [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer placement for imageing

T-Bone
04-17-2004, 10:46 AM
Hey all...T-Bone here.

I have a question... I have recently made an addition to my 2-channel system: a dual 8" driver VISONIK sub. I am wondering about a couple of things. First, I want to purchase an SPL meter and try to optimize the placement, but I am not sure where to start, or how to do this. Secondly, a friend has told me that to improve imageing, I should purchase a second sub so that I can have one paired with either bookshelf speaker. Since this will cost me another $1000, I am reluctant to do this. Will imageing suffer by only having 1 sub?

Thanks for the help...

cam
04-17-2004, 11:32 AM
Hey all...T-Bone here.

I have a question... I have recently made an addition to my 2-channel system: a dual 8" driver VISONIK sub. I am wondering about a couple of things. First, I want to purchase an SPL meter and try to optimize the placement, but I am not sure where to start, or how to do this. Secondly, a friend has told me that to improve imageing, I should purchase a second sub so that I can have one paired with either bookshelf speaker. Since this will cost me another $1000, I am reluctant to do this. Will imageing suffer by only having 1 sub?

Thanks for the help...
Start by placing your sub up front close to your mains with a cross over setting 90 hz or lower and it should blend like a pina colada.