Problem with one channel w/ Multichannel composite audio cables [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with one channel w/ Multichannel composite audio cables

BKSinAZ
05-03-2012, 05:20 PM
I have a problem with my Pioneer elite SC-37...
So I decided to hook up the Denon 3930ci dvd player to the SC-37 reciever using composite cables so I can play my collection of SACDs and DVDA discs. (yes, the denon plays sacd and dvda)

Problem: On the SC-37, it appears that the front left channel is out. To trouble shoot if the denon dvd player was at fault, I plugged the front left 'out' of the denon into a different channel on the SC-37. The problem is diffinatly the SC-37 receiver because sound was coming out then.

The front left channel on the Pioneer SC-37 works perfectly in every other situation, except when using the Multichannel composite audio cables.
What could be the problem? Sounds serious?

BKSinAZ
05-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Try using a replacement cable for that one dead channel. If that cures it, I'd say it'sthe cable. Either live with the Rube Goldberg connection or replace the MC cable.

It is not the cable. I already trouble shot the situation by plugging in that cable into a different input on the receiver to test cable and DVD player. I also did change out the cable. The problem is with the receiver. Thanks.

markw
05-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Try using a replacement cable for that one dead channel. If that cures it, I'd say it'sthe cable. Either live with the Rube Goldberg connection or replace the MC cable.