Roger Waters Tour -- The Wall [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Roger Waters Tour -- The Wall

MasterCylinder
04-30-2012, 04:31 AM
After a few weeks in South America, this tour begins their North American portion tomorrow night in Houston and then on to Austin.
I'll catch this show in Tulsa this Saturday night (Cinco de Mayo)...........that is also the date of the Kentucky Derby...........thus, with the mandatory Margaritas and Mint Julep in the same day, I should be well-oiled for THE WALL................cool !
(Got some good seats too !)
Fired up !
We be livin' on Tulsa Time this weekend.

ForeverAutumn
04-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Can't wait to read your thoughts on this show. We'll be seeing it at the end of June and I'm excited!

MasterCylinder
05-07-2012, 05:24 AM
Returned from Tulsa yesterday after catching this tour.............

Never seen anything like that…………..it was a concert, yes……………..but more of a musical theater, multi-media SPECTACLE !

Indescribable………..the technology was beyond my thoughts………..amazing quadraphonic sound and unbelievable 3-D visuals...............I wish all of you could see this.
I had a hotel near the arena…………..wife and I drove near the docks of the arena and counted 16 trucks with 45-foot trailers……………they bring their own stage, props, lighting, fireworks, projectors, everything…………..an awesome project and very well-done.
I had 9th row seats………..expensive, but worth every nickel.

richmon
05-07-2012, 05:57 AM
[QUOTE=worth every nickel.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly, the Wall album comes across much better in a multimedia presentation, this show that Roger put together is a combination rock concert, opera, 3D IMAX theater experience and circus. Quite the spectacle.

ForeverAutumn
05-07-2012, 06:46 AM
That sounds fantastic!

Did you ever feel like you were sitting too close? This seemed to me like the kind of show where you were better off further back so we bought mid-price seats far away but directly in front of the stage. You have me wondering if I'm going to regret not getting better seats.

MasterCylinder
05-08-2012, 01:13 PM
That sounds fantastic!

Did you ever feel like you were sitting too close? This seemed to me like the kind of show where you were better off further back so we bought mid-price seats far away but directly in front of the stage. You have me wondering if I'm going to regret not getting better seats.

This set is so massive and impressive, I can't imagine any seat in the middle of the arena being inadequate............mine were not too close..............the visuals are so detailed and focused, it doesn't matter where you sit.............the only advantage I had, like any other concert, is having a good view of the band.

Finch Platte
05-08-2012, 01:36 PM
This set is so massive and impressive, I can't imagine any seat in the middle of the arena being inadequate............mine were not too close..............the visuals are so detailed and focused, it doesn't matter where you sit.............the only advantage I had, like any other concert, is having a good view of the band.

Oh, there's a band??

MasterCylinder
05-09-2012, 04:12 AM
Oh, there's a band??

Twelve members, in fact............including Roger's son, Harry on the Hammond organ.............along with the regulars Snowy White, Dave Kilminster, Jon Carin and Graham Broad.......................also G.E. Smith of SNL fame.
In addition there are Robbie Wyckoff, Jon Joyce, Kipp Lennon, Mark Lennon, and Michael Lennon doing all the required vocal works................Very good musicians.

ForeverAutumn
06-24-2012, 07:15 AM
This was a fantastic show. In fact I would go so far as to say that you don't have to be a Pink Floyd or Roger Waters fan to enjoy this show. As MC said, the video technology of this show is mind boggling. The effects that are created on the wall are incredible. And considering that every night is probably a different size wall based on the size of the venue, the video would have to be adjusted for each concert (I would think). The Rogers Centre (Not named for Waters himself :)) is a 50,000 baseball dome. The length of the wall was the full length of the outfield. HUGE!

I had a very sad and surreal moment during the show last night. During the intermission, as I was standing in line for the ladies room, I did a quick check of my Facebook page and learned that an on-line friend from another website lost his son to an IED in Afghanistan yesterday. He was a Marine. The second or third song after the intermission was "Bring the Boys Back Home". I lost it a little bit. Thinking of Niall and how he'll never be coming home. Only 23-yrs-old. RIP Niall.

But ending on a positive note, this was a great show and I highly recommend it. I would see it again, but in a smaller venue. The Rogers Centre was too big. We had seats directly across from the stage so that we could see everything head on but because of the sheer size of the stadium couldn't see the band really. We were in the stands over home plate, trying to watch a band in the outfield in the dark. They were tiny little ant-sized people. In spite of the kick-ass sound system and speakers hanging all over the place, the sound was bouncing around like crazy. But we still had a great time and walked out happy.

Mr MidFi
06-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Only 23-yrs-old.

Damn.

Duds
06-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Going to see this show tomorrow night (6/28) in Albany, NY. Can't wait

ForeverAutumn
06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Have a great time Duds!

MasterCylinder
06-28-2012, 04:10 AM
Going to see this show tomorrow night (6/28) in Albany, NY. Can't wait

We expect a detailed review...............

Duds
06-29-2012, 09:39 AM
We expect a detailed review...............

All i can say right now is WOW. still in shock over that amazing performance.