Yamaha launches 2012 AV receivers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha launches 2012 AV receivers

Smokey
04-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Yamaha has launched three new AV receivers for 2012, with key features including AirPlay, 4k2K support and WiFi. As well as DLNA, Yamaha's own MusicPlay streaming app, which allows you to stream from any smartphone, and a new AV Controller app for smartphones and tablets.

The V73 range features the entry-level RX-V373, $250, the network-enabled RX-V473, $399, and the 7.1-channel RX-V573, $499.

The entry-level Yamaha RX-V373 (below) is a 5.1-channel AV receiver, claiming 100w of power per channel. There's support for all HD audio format decoding, 4k video pass-through and 4 HDMI in and 1 out. There's also a front panel digital USB connection for iPod and iPhone.

http://www.whathifi.com/sites/whathifi.com/files/images/YamahaRXV373.jpg

The step-up model, the Yamaha RX-V473 (below), is the first 2012 Yamaha AV receiver with network capabilities, as well as all the features in the entry-level model. Network support brings AirPlay, DLNA, vTuner internet radio and compatability with the new AV Controller app.

Power is increased to a claimed 115w per channel - it's still a 5.1-channel amp - and the front panel digital USB connection supports iPad on this model as well as iPod and iPhone.

http://www.whathifi.com/sites/whathifi.com/files/images/YamahaRXV473.jpg

The top model in the 2012 range for now is the RX-V573, which takes the leap to 7.1 channels of sound, each offerering the same 115w of power. The extra channels can also be used to drive a 'Zone B' 2-channel set-up in a second room, working distinctly from the 5.1-channel set-up. Assignable amplifiers also allow for bi-amping.

4k pass-through support is still here, as are 4 HDMI inputs and 1 output, the YPAO sound optimization and ECO mode, plus all the network features including AirPlay.

http://www2.crutchfield.com.edgesuite.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ImageHandler/fixedscale/400/300/products/2012/10/022/x022RXV573-F.jpeg

EXCLUSIVE: Yamaha launches first 2012 AV receivers | whathifi.com (http://www.whathifi.com/news/exclusive-yamaha-launches-first-2012-av-receivers)

frenchmon
04-27-2012, 03:01 AM
My old Home theater which was a Marantz SR5500 that did not have HDMI was past its prime so I decided to get the Aventage RX A710 last week. It's a great Home theater Receiver.http://data.yamaha.jp/sdb/product/image/main/medium/r/rx-a710_u/539C777BEB8C4F3BA704D2C87CAC5149_12001.jpg

bobsticks
04-27-2012, 09:02 AM
My old Home theater which was a Marantz SR5500 that did not have HDMI was past its prime so I decided to get the Aventage RX A710 last week. It's a great Home theater Receiver.

That's great to read and congrats on the new toy! Toys are fun.

I test drove the upper line Aventage fairly soon upon arrival and m opinion mirrors your own. It's a pretty impressive machine and, from Smokey's post, it looks as though some of the bells and whistles have filtered down to Yammies' lower lines.

What are your thoughts on sound comparison? Marantz is pretty widely regarded for sound quality.

frenchmon
04-27-2012, 04:42 PM
That's great to read and congrats on the new toy! Toys are fun.

I test drove the upper line Aventage fairly soon upon arrival and m opinion mirrors your own. It's a pretty impressive machine and, from Smokey's post, it looks as though some of the bells and whistles have filtered down to Yammies' lower lines.

What are your thoughts on sound comparison? Marantz is pretty widely regarded for sound quality.

Thanks Bob!

The Yammie has better processing with all the different sound fields. But for raw pure direct two channel music, the Marantz whips it by a long shot.

The Yammie is really showing what a great Home theater Receiver it is...Its like they said "oh BTW we will throw in a pure direct mode for you purist who like to listen to music with no processing."

The Marantz has good processing but nothing like the Aventage....The Marantz was great if you wanted to just listen in pure direct mode....but the Yammie is a excellent home theater first type of receiver. So home theater purist will do good to get the Aventage series....Good build quality outside as well with quality insides.

bobsticks
04-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks Bob!

The Yammie has better processing with all the different sound fields. But for raw pure direct two channel music, the Marantz whips it by a long shot.

The Yammie is really showing what a great Home theater Receiver it is...Its like they said "oh BTW we will throw in a pure direct mode for you purist who like to listen to music with no processing."

The Marantz has good processing but nothing like the Aventage....The Marantz was great if you wanted to just listen in pure direct mode....but the Yammie is a excellent home theater first type of receiver. So home theater purist will do good to get the Aventage series....Good build quality outside as well with quality insides.

That's pretty thorough and sort of what i expected. Thanks for the confirmation sir and, again, congrats on the new gear. :biggrin5: