Wilco, beer and baseball; what could be better? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wilco, beer and baseball; what could be better?

Swish
04-17-2012, 02:43 AM
I'm not sure how many of you live anywhere close to this locale (I'm a 4+ hour drive away), but Wilco is playing an outdoor gig at the Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown, NY. The show is on Saturday, July 28th and will be followed by fireworks.

I've never been there but have heard it's a beautiful little town, and Ommegang makes some excellent beer, especially their Abbey Ale (a 92 on BeerAdvocate.com).

The show tickets are about $45 plus the junk fees, and they have a campground if you're so inclined. I think I'll be reserving a hotel room but you can get away cheap with camping. We may end up staying 2 nights so we have more time to visit the local shops and the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Check out the details and let me know if you're game: Wilco at Cooperstown (http://highergroundmusic.com/wilco/)

Hyfi
04-17-2012, 02:50 AM
Good luck getting a close hotel room. That is Prime Time HOF season. We have been contemplating one of the Ommegang Beer weekends where you stay at the Cooperstown Hotel and get shuttled for a tour tasting and dinner. Saratoga Brewery also does a nice weekend thing.

Don't care much about Wilco or Baseball, but the Beer portion sounds great. Got me some Hennepin in the fridge now along with a few Three Philosophers.

Swish
04-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Good luck getting a close hotel room. That is Prime Time HOF season. We have been contemplating one of the Ommegang Beer weekends where you stay at the Cooperstown Hotel and get shuttled for a tour tasting and dinner. Saratoga Brewery also does a nice weekend thing.

Don't care much about Wilco or Baseball, but the Beer portion sounds great. Got me some Hennepin in the fridge now along with a few Three Philosophers.

That's so un-American!

Finch Platte
04-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Prog, beer & mountain biking!

:arf: