dvd player to play through audio? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : dvd player to play through audio?

megancheung
04-17-2012, 02:00 AM
I bought a used truck that I believe has an aftermarket DVD mounted in the second row. It came with two sets of infra-red head phones that work with the DVD system.
My DVD player like this:
Hyundai Verna dvd player (http://www.car-dvd-player.com/7-inch-TFT-touch-screen-Hyundai-Verna-car-DVD-player-with-USB-Port-and-SD-RDS-GPS-iPod-Interface-36.html)
I know I also need to get a new remote for the system as I can not scroll through all the menu options with the Controls on the system. My question is how can I get it to play sound throughout the car when I have more then two people in the second and third row?How do I get my in car dvd player to play through my audio system?
thanks in advance for any help.

Mash
04-17-2012, 09:09 AM
If you are driving that truck it is hard to fathom how you can see the menu if the unit is behind you...

Anyway, hardwire to the speakers if you cannot use a wireless (i.e. bluetooth or FM) interface. Use 12V relays that are "on" with the rear unit powered up & otherwise "off". The front unit's speaker outputs are relay-off inputs & the rear unit's speaker outputs are relay-on inputs and then the relay outputs go to the actual speakers. You need the relays to go "on" when you power up the rear unit, and this will "disconnect" the front unit. You can also have the relays power down the front unit.

megancheung
04-18-2012, 04:36 PM
If you are driving that truck it is hard to fathom how you can see the menu if the unit is behind you...

Anyway, hardwire to the speakers if you cannot use a wireless (i.e. bluetooth or FM) interface. Use 12V relays that are "on" with the rear unit powered up & otherwise "off". The front unit's speaker outputs are relay-off inputs & the rear unit's speaker outputs are relay-on inputs and then the relay outputs go to the actual speakers. You need the relays to go "on" when you power up the rear unit, and this will "disconnect" the front unit. You can also have the relays power down the front unit.

i did not know how to connect those units,all is wrong. lol