Rainy Day Music [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Day Music

ForeverAutumn
04-17-2004, 06:18 AM
It's a dreary rainy Saturday in Toronto. We even had a small thunderstorm earlier this morn. And, I just saw a squirrel walk by carrying an umbrella ;) . It's put me in a kind of melancholy mood so I've been spinning some really good, but kinda laid back stuff this morning.

Opeth - Damnation
Porky Tree - Stupid Dream
Easy Listening Prog Vol.1 by BarryL (I love this one!)

I wanted to listen to Hem, Rabbit Music, but I can't find my disk. :(

What do you listen to when you're just grooving with the rain?

tentoze
04-17-2004, 06:37 AM
It's a dreary rainy Saturday in Toronto. We even had a small thunderstorm earlier this morn. And, I just saw a squirrel walk by carrying an umbrella ;) . It's put me in a kind of melancholy mood so I've been spinning some really good, but kinda laid back stuff this morning.

Opeth - Damnation
Porky Tree - Stupid Dream
Easy Listening Prog Vol.1 by BarryL (I love this one!)

I wanted to listen to Hem, Rabbit Music, but I can't find my disk. :(

What do you listen to when you're just grooving with the rain?
Living in the middle of the largest desert in the Western Hemisphere doesn't afford much opportunity to have to make that decision (but, there is a 40% chance this afternoon!). Historically, a few of my favorite rainy day spins have always been Pearls Before Swine, Jade Warrior, and Michael Franks. More recent additions would have to include Over The Rhine, Sun Kil Moon, Holopaw, and Iron & Wine- any of those would fit my listening mood when the thunder rolls around.

:)

mad rhetorik
04-17-2004, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I dig Opeth's <b>Damnation</b> too, though it's totally unlike any of their other releases. It's a good autumn album.

My rainy day listening usually consists of:

The Cure: <b>Disintegration</b>
Nirvana: <b>Unplugged</b>
R.E.M.: <b>Murmur</b>
Miles Davis: <b>Kind Of Blue</b>
Talk Talk: <b>Laughing Stock</b>
Johnny Cash: <b>American IV</b>
Nick Drake: <b>Pink Moon</b>
Temple Of The Dog: self-titled

Dusty Chalk
04-17-2004, 09:16 AM
...it feels like rain to me.

Maquiladora
The Devics
Bark Psychosis
later Talk Talk
Mark Hollis
Black Heart Procession (more of an "internal" rainy season than the actual weather)
Lacrimosa (more stormy, though)

I would also think that Mojave 3 would fit right in, in place of your Hem, Rabbit Songs. I found both of them boring, though.