The Violent Femmes' first record... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Violent Femmes' first record...

Rae
11-12-2003, 11:19 AM
...is still really good. Just a reminder. I'm listening to it at work right now, and man... that bassline in "Add It Up"... or the part in "Promises" when Gordon blurts out "bada-bada-ba-ba-ba-badada"... does anyone not love this album??

~Rae

Dusty Chalk
11-13-2003, 09:40 AM
Never gets old.

Hey, that sucks -- there's a "thumbs down" message icon, but no "thumbs up"...!?!?!

And why are there two right arrows?

MindGoneHaywire
11-14-2003, 09:05 AM
For a very long time I considered this to be my favorite album. Not sure I feel that way anymore, but I'll never stop pulling the damn thing out of the rack every now & then, & it was my 'favorite' when having a favorite meant something...or at least more than it means now. I know some think that some of their other efforts are just as good, but I don't hear it. They had something going on here I don't think they ever came close to equalling, and it plays into that thought about how a band has their entire life to come up with their first album, and six months to come up with their second. But never mind that. This is an album with the greatest flaws I've ever heard, with a general amateurishness that lends a quality that renders it one of the most perfect pieces of work I've ever come across. Attitude & sincerity & angst & frustration & great great great tooons.