Well, Swishy... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Well, Swishy...

bobsticks
04-15-2012, 01:46 PM
I've knocked off the volume from he game to enjoy some achy-breaky, "Being There". A little of the old Wilco boys on this fine afternoon...

But, of course, what I mean to say is---"How about them Flyers!?"...I mean, yeah, I don't really bleed orange but what a great cause; the destruction of the entire Penguins machine done so adeptly.

It doesn't seem that long ago that we were sprechen about Giroux and Coburn and the other kids that have blossomed into such an impactful part of this team. Nice, good...and Cindy has once again proved what a gutless, classless, snivelling little maggot he truly is. I hope you're celebrating appropriately :p

Swish
04-16-2012, 10:11 AM
I've knocked off the volume from he game to enjoy some achy-breaky, "Being There". A little of the old Wilco boys on this fine afternoon...

But, of course, what I mean to say is---"How about them Flyers!?"...I mean, yeah, I don't really bleed orange but what a great cause; the destruction of the entire Penguins machine done so adeptly.

It doesn't seem that long ago that we were sprechen about Giroux and Coburn and the other kids that have blossomed into such an impactful part of this team. Nice, good...and Cindy has once again proved what a gutless, classless, snivelling little maggot he truly is. I hope you're celebrating appropriately :p

How in blazes did they not toss Neal out of the game for the illegal it on Courturier? He wasn't on the puck, and hadn't been, and Neal rose up to put his shoulder into Courturier's head. How could they not even call a penalty?

Cindy is a little wuss for sure, starting two fights then letting someone else do the dirty work as he skated away. A sweep is in order, but I hope the NHL give Neal the boot, along with Asham. I don't mind hard hits, but not dirty crap.

Swish
04-16-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure how many of you live anywhere close to this locale (I'm a 4+ hour drive away), but Wilco is playing an outdoor gig at the Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown, NY. The show is on Saturday, July 28th and will be followed by fireworks.

I've never been there but have heard it's a beautiful little town, and Ommegang makes some excellent beer, especially their Abbey Ale (a 92 on BeerAdvocate.com).

The show tickets are about $45 plus the junk fees, and they have a campground if you're so inclined. I think I'll be reserving a hotel room but you can get away cheap with camping. We may end up staying 2 nights so we have more time to visit the local shops and the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Check out the details and let me know if you're game: Wilco at Cooperstown (http://highergroundmusic.com/wilco/)

bobsticks
04-16-2012, 03:55 PM
I like their "Art of Darkness". Unfortunately, as you know, I'm several hours the other way or I'd commit to such an event. Sounds like a good time to be had by all...

Swish
04-17-2012, 02:42 AM
I like their "Art of Darkness". Unfortunately, as you know, I'm several hours the other way or I'd commit to such an event. Sounds like a good time to be had by all...

...of a new thread for everyone to see. I really need to get more sleep!

angelicaB
04-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Go on now and have some sleep.

bobsticks
04-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Having given some attention to the other series in the East I have to say that New Jersey's clutch win has got to put your Flyboys in the driver's seat. Frankly, I thought Florida presented a much worse match for Philly and after watching Brodeur flip and flop I'm pretty sure it should be like exploding monkeys in a barrell...a veritable rocket surgery.

Philly in 5

Swish
04-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Having given some attention to the other series in the East I have to say that New Jersey's clutch win has got to put your Flyboys in the driver's seat. Frankly, I thought Florida presented a much worse match for Philly and after watching Brodeur flip and flop I'm pretty sure it should be like exploding monkeys in a barrell...a veritable rocket surgery.

Philly in 5

...to fall. They are the Achilles Heel of the Flyers this year. I realize the playoffs are a different animal, but 0-6 against that team makes me wonder if the Flyers can beat them in a 7 game series with their shoddy goal-tending.

I suppose I should just hope they get past the Devils first and see what happens.

bobsticks
05-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Um...Swish...what exactly is going on over there...?

Swish
05-08-2012, 03:13 AM
Um...Swish...what exactly is going on over there...?

They are totally dominating the Flyers, and I can't figure out how they're getting away with the over-aggressive fore-checking. You have to wonder what adjustments the coaches made and why they can't figure out how to counteract.

Missing two of your best on defense really hurts, but this is the playoffs and everyone needs to step up. Looks like the Devils in 5.

kexodusc
05-08-2012, 12:36 PM
This is the same dreaded inconsistency that followed the Flyers all year. Bryzgalov hasn't been great but can't pin it all on him. This one's really a head scratcher because NJ isn't that good and aren't skating circles around the Flyers, just getting the wins.

Flyers/Rangers would be a great conference finals so let's hope they pull off the comeback. Wasn't that long ago this team erased a 0-3 deficit.

bobsticks
05-09-2012, 05:48 AM
I suppose I should just hope they get past the Devils first and see what happens.

Um...yeah. Looks like we both called that putt too soon...