Power of Music [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Power of Music

Smokey
04-13-2012, 08:35 PM
The clip show how music can effect a person and reach its inner soul. This old guy at the nursing home who is quite unresponsive comes alive when hearing music from his youth.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NKDXuCE7LeQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr MidFi
04-16-2012, 05:34 AM
It is one of life's great mysteries how combinations of sounds and tones and rhythms can, all by themselves, elicit such a strong emotional and cognitive reaction in the human mind. When you think of it completely objectively, it really is amazing.

ForeverAutumn
04-16-2012, 06:22 AM
I remember there was a famous singer, when I was a kid, who had a really bad stutter when he spoke but could sing without stuttering at all. I think he was a country singer.

Smokey
04-16-2012, 06:28 PM
It is one of life's great mysteries how combinations of sounds and tones and rhythms can, all by themselves, elicit such a strong emotional and cognitive reaction in the human mind. When you think of it completely objectively, it really is amazing.

I agree. I don't know if you all ever felt depression or not (hopefully never), but music can be used to lessen its effect to great degree. I use it all the time when feeling low. Pop music from 60s and 70's seem to work best.