Sigur Rós are back in action and touring. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sigur Rós are back in action and touring.

Swish
04-12-2012, 03:14 PM
And, I might add, coming to the Mann in Philly. This could be one fantastic show, except...we can't sing along, can we?

After a four year hiatus, one of Iceland's most enigmatic bands brings their otherworldly music to The Mann's all new Skyline Stage July 30th. Don't miss this rare opportunity to catch Sigur Rós's captivating live show in the picturesque setting of Fairmount Park!

Sigur Rós is set to release their first studio album since 2008’s acclaimed Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust,Valtari, on May 28th.The first track from Valtari, entitled “Ekki múkk,” is now streaming on the band’s website.

Following a tour as a core four-piece at the end of 2008, the upcoming shows in North America will feature up to eleven people on stage, creating what are certain to be some of the summer’s most magical musical moments.

About Skyline Stage @ The Mann:

There's an all new way to love music at The Mann! Introducing The Skyline Stage, located at the top hill with the best view of the Philadelphia city skyline, a truly unique GA standing room concert experience. Enjoy great music in historic Fairmount Park like never before!

ForeverAutumn
04-12-2012, 07:09 PM
:Yawn:

Jack in Wilmington
04-13-2012, 05:34 AM
:Yawn:

Ok good. I thought it was just me.

Hyfi
04-13-2012, 05:47 AM
Who??

Mr MidFi
04-13-2012, 05:55 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing them in August. But I do have to wonder how their show will translate to an outdoor festival environment. Hopefully, I can sit well back on the grass and stare up into the sky while they play. [insert suitably spacey emoticon here]

Jack in Wilmington
04-13-2012, 06:04 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing them in August. But I do have to wonder how their show will translate to an outdoor festival environment. Hopefully, I can sit well back on the grass and stare up into the sky while they play. [insert suitably spacey emoticon here]

The Skyline Stage says standing room. Sounds like there's no place to sit.

I remember going to the old Mann and you could bring a blanket and some wine and snacks and sit on the hill and enjoy a nice show.

bobsticks
04-13-2012, 09:15 AM
I like Sigur Ros...sort of...very atmospheric but they usually lead to a sort of "I-hate-this-Gravlax-and-you-too" domestic discordance. I can't imagine actually, y'know, going someplace and seeing them live. Kinda like Einsturzande Neubauten on lots of NyQuil...

Mr MidFi
04-13-2012, 12:26 PM
The Skyline Stage says standing room. Sounds like there's no place to sit.

Sorry, I should have been clearer about that. I'm looking forward to seeing them when they come to Chicago's Grant Park in August.

jonnyhambone
04-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I've always been a bit 'meh' with them, but lately I've enjoyed a few good headphone listens and think I'll pick up their new one in May. Closest they come to me is Chicago on this tour...Lollapalooza? or one of those festivals. They do have a really gorgeous DVD out that they shot on a mini-tour they did of Iceland...playing in fields, fjords, and friend's backyards. Here's a clip of them in a cool field that all their friends and folks from the village walked over to see them.

Heim (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LeQN249Jqw&feature=related)

Jack in Wilmington
04-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Sorry, I should have been clearer about that. I'm looking forward to seeing them when they come to Chicago's Grant Park in August.

No apology necessary. I was actually comparing your venue to the place that Swish is talking about in Philly. I'm going to take a ride down to see this new place in Fairmount Park and see what it's like. I need a place to sit down and enjoy a concert. Standing just isn't gonna get it, even if someone decent was performing.

ForeverAutumn
04-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Standing just isn't gonna get it, even if someone decent was performing.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good one! :thumbsup:

Swish
04-14-2012, 09:54 AM
No apology necessary. I was actually comparing your venue to the place that Swish is talking about in Philly. I'm going to take a ride down to see this new place in Fairmount Park and see what it's like. I need a place to sit down and enjoy a concert. Standing just isn't gonna get it, even if someone decent was performing.

In others works, it could be a prog band instead.

Jack in Wilmington
04-14-2012, 11:00 AM
In others works, it could be a prog band instead.

Then this conversation would be mute, because it would be sold out already. I was looking to get tickets to see Renaissance at the Scottish Rites Auditotium in Oct. and it's mostly single seat remaining.

Plus we prog fans don't stand at a concert, we prefer to sit. Thank you. Most of us are getting up in years and those hip replacements need a rest.