Value of DCC MOFI Gold CD's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Value of DCC MOFI Gold CD's

Mike
04-10-2012, 08:59 AM
I was clearing out some CD's to sell to an online retailer the other day, to be honest I never thought I would see the day when I would do this despite constant remonstrations from my good wife. But after coming across a box of cd's in the loft I had forgotten all about, even I realised the time had come to move some stuff on.

I know all the arguments about it's part of my life, growing up...etc but in spite of my reservations it wasn't as bad as I thought. I've always compiled CD's, I've never been one to listen to a whole album unless I'm doing something and can't reach the skip button so lifting my favourite tracks (and in some cases whole albums) and storing them as WAV files was the perfect solution. No to mentuion how easy it is by the time you've loaded the CD it's already found the track details, artist, genre and album cover.

I sold my vinyl back in the 80's and although I missed the odd few I would say on balance I've never looked back.

But the point of this post was to comment on second hand prices I found for DCC and MOFI Gold CD's on Amazon.com, all of which I've kept by the way. The prices have rocketed over the last few years.

Elvis 24 Karat hits $377
Elvis is Back $80
Joe Satriani - Surfing With the Alien $228
Heart - Dreamboat Annie $199
Stan Getz - Jazz Samba $125

Most DCC average $80+ and MOFI's about $90+

I must have bought about 25 over the years when they averaged about $25 at most only about twice the price of a normal CD and I used to use a company called CDNow who uploaded $15 and $20 online coupons so I got free shipping to the UK. All in all they have been a cracking investment. I realise the asking price and selling price are two entirely different things but it impressed my wife.

Cheers
Mike

MasterCylinder
04-10-2012, 10:54 AM
But the point of this post was to comment on second hand prices I found for DCC and MOFI Gold CD's on Amazon.com, all of which I've kept by the way. The prices have rocketed over the last few years.

Elvis 24 Karat hits $377
Elvis is Back $80

I must have bought about 25 over the years when they averaged about $25 at most only about twice the price of a normal CD and I used to use a company called CDNow.

NICE !
I also have a stack of those gold CDS..............and I remember buying a lot of stuff from CDNow.
I'm going to have to put together an inventory and check those prices.

Finch Platte
04-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Would like more info on the bad wife, pls.

Thnx.

Swish
04-11-2012, 08:47 AM
would like more info on the bad wife, pls.

Thnx.

bwahahahahaha!

Mike
04-12-2012, 03:38 AM
Because She's Bad, She's Bad
Come On
(Bad Bad-Really, Really Bad)
You Know She's Bad, get on me! come on!
And The Whole World Has To
Answer Right Now
Just To Tell You Once Again,
She's Bad . . .

MasterCylinder
04-16-2012, 10:49 AM
The prices have rocketed over the last few years.

Elvis 24 Karat hits $377
Elvis is Back $80

WOW -- asking prices are up there.
I found my DCC Original Masters Tull CD with a $225 price and my McCartney RAM is $599.
Ridiculous.

Jack in Wilmington
04-16-2012, 01:04 PM
WOW -- asking prices are up there.
I found my DCC Original Masters Tull CD with a $225 price and my McCartney RAM is $599.
Ridiculous.

I was looking at my MOFI "Living in the Past" and " A Passion Play. Guess I should have collected a few more back when they were cheaper.

MasterCylinder
04-17-2012, 04:29 AM
I went home and took inventory last night; I have 15 of these gold discs.

Going to eBay and utilizing the average asking price for each title (which, I realize, is probably still pie in the sky), the total value was $4,135.00

I figure I've got $300 invested..........