Water cooler time...! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Water cooler time...!

GMichael
03-26-2012, 01:09 PM
It seem's like it's been ages sense we gathered at the company water cooler to talk. What's new these days?

Anyone got a big cup?

dean_martin
03-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Sorry, can't see your pic, but I'm sure glad you called for a break. My afternoon has been filled with calls from crazy people.

GMichael
03-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Sorry, can't see your pic, but I'm sure glad you called for a break. My afternoon has been filled with calls from crazy people.

My office called you? What did we want?

lizard54
03-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Just what I need a big ol' cup of whiskey, awesome pic by the way. Still drinking my coffee from this morning, it's been a day.

ForeverAutumn
03-27-2012, 04:01 PM
It seem's like it's been ages sense we gathered at the company water cooler to talk. What's new these days?

We almost adopted another cat this week. But after learning more about her decided that she was still to wild (taken from a feral community) for us. But the discussion about adopting her did make us realize that we're both open to another cat in the house. That's good to know the next time an opportunity presents itself.

Which, I guess just means that nothing is new. :20:

LeRoy
03-27-2012, 04:26 PM
An incidental finding with regard in controlling hypertension. Went to the Doc's this week for review of my hypertension status and lo and behold I have had the best BP reading in the last 3 years! My readings are usually in the mid 130's even with meds but this week it was 117!

I attribute the control of my high BP to the recent purchase of Dali Ikon 2 mk 2 speakers. I have been sooo relaxed and happy with them in my system that it's the only thing I can think of that contributed to my improved health. Even though I packed on a few more pounds (10) since my last Doc visit it just didn't matter. I would have bought these speakers much sooooner had I only known....

GMichael
03-28-2012, 06:52 AM
We almost adopted another cat this week. But after learning more about her decided that she was still to wild (taken from a feral community) for us. But the discussion about adopting her did make us realize that we're both open to another cat in the house. That's good to know the next time an opportunity presents itself.

Which, I guess just means that nothing is new. :20:

Sorry that it didn't work out, this time. I'm sure you'll find another great kitty if you keep looking.

GMichael
03-28-2012, 06:55 AM
An incidental finding with regard in controlling hypertension. Went to the Doc's this week for review of my hypertension status and lo and behold I have had the best BP reading in the last 3 years! My readings are usually in the mid 130's even with meds but this week it was 117!

I attribute the control of my high BP to the recent purchase of Dali Ikon 2 mk 2 speakers. I have been sooo relaxed and happy with them in my system that it's the only thing I can think of that contributed to my improved health. Even though I packed on a few more pounds (10) since my last Doc visit it just didn't matter. I would have bought these speakers much sooooner had I only known....

I am not sure what those numbers mean, but it sounds like good news. Music was the answer all along. Maybe doctors should start proscribing speaker upgrades.

Congrats & keep enjoying those speakers.

GMichael
03-28-2012, 06:57 AM
Just what I need a big ol' cup of whiskey, awesome pic by the way. Still drinking my coffee from this morning, it's been a day.

Red Solo cup....
I fill you up...
Let's have a partyyyy.
Toby Keith - Red Solo Cup (Unedited Version) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68)

GMichael
03-28-2012, 07:28 AM
My little princess is in the Philippines for 3 weeks. While she's away, I plan on putting up a swing set. Two friends are coming over this weekend to give me a hand.

Can't wait to see the look in her eyes when she sees it.

ForeverAutumn
03-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Music was the answer all along. Maybe doctors should start proscribing speaker upgrades.

Congrats & keep enjoying those speakers.

Hmmmmm. I wonder if I could convince my insurance company to pay for that. :devil:

ForeverAutumn
03-28-2012, 09:56 AM
My little princess is in the Philippines for 3 weeks. While she's away, I plan on putting up a swing set. Two friends are coming over this weekend to give me a hand.

Can't wait to see the look in her eyes when she sees it.

You're a great Dad!

ForeverAutumn
03-28-2012, 09:58 AM
An incidental finding with regard in controlling hypertension. Went to the Doc's this week for review of my hypertension status and lo and behold I have had the best BP reading in the last 3 years! ....

That's great news!

lizard54
03-28-2012, 02:48 PM
But the discussion about adopting her did make us realize that we're both open to another cat in the house. That's good to know the next time an opportunity presents itself.
:
I came across a thread in another forum where they have a Siamese girl, she is so pretty I wish I could take her but my apartment is getting small and with two cats racing back and forth at all hours of the day it is just not the right time. They cannot keep her because they had a baby and she is having behavioral issues, I think really she is just trying to show the baby that it's her turf, common territorial issues, but because she keeps peeing on the hardwood floors so they are going to send her to the pound, which is like a death sentence, if they cannot find someone to take her. Let me know if your interested I can link you to it, she is really pretty Siamese.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
03-28-2012, 04:06 PM
So many changes happening, I would need days to detail it.

It was always my goal to retire from corporate life at 50 years old, and go into business for myself. As many of you guys know, I re-opened my built from the ground up post production studio a couple of years ago, and business is off the charts, and still growing. I have so much work now, I am subcontracting some of it out to local post studios in my area. I think I need to build a couple of more rooms. My son has gone from mixing audio, to the Operation Manager, and I have hired my nephew and two of my son's friends from USC to do the mixing.

Because I am preparing to retire(5 years left), I am downsizing my life by selling some properties, and improving others.

I am also opening up a Dog Training and Rehabilitation facility. As some of you know, I have received my certification for dog training(CPDT-KA and CDBC), finished course work for my Animal Behavior degree, and have become a professional member of the Association Of Pet Dog Trainers. I am currently teaching two puppy socialization classes, and have 7 rehabilitation clients which is all I can fit in with my full time job at Disney. I am currently building a fancy schmancy Dog kennel for my four dogs(can anyone say central heating and air condition and a pool), and can also handle about 8 others as well. I train all kinds of dogs, but it seems I have developed a specialty handling Pitbulls, Masteff, and Kita's with aggression issues( I do own three Pitbulls and a Sh!zu/Apso mix dog).

Funny thing is I went into dog training to train dogs, but have ended up getting more business correcting behavior issues.

People are spending too much money on dog bling and clothes, and not enough money on dog training, and now I am helping them clean up the mess they made.

There is so much more going on, but I will only bore you with these goings on.

GMichael
03-29-2012, 06:47 AM
You're a great Dad!

Awwwww... shucks. (Did you see the pics I posted of her in the Philippines?)
Here's one, but I know that some can't see my pics here. You know where to find them.

LeRoy
03-29-2012, 01:48 PM
@GMichael, your Princess is going to be so happy with her special welcome back home surprise.

@ForeverAutumn, thanks! Very nice of you to try and find a home for a feral cat. Sometimes those ferals just been too feral for too long. Hopefully on the next try the kit-kat will be more civil :)

@Sir T- great news that your business is really taking off! I did not know you were a certified professional dog trainer. So, I have a question for you. Why are Chihauhau's so ornery and so hard headed when it comes to understanding not to mark territory inside the house? Every Chia I have ever known prefers to defer house training.