Switch at birth "npr" a real story [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Switch at birth "npr" a real story

winston
03-25-2012, 08:05 AM
on a summer day in 1951 two baby girls were born in a hospital in a small town in Wisconsin. the infants were accidentally switched and went home with the wrong family. (the family's-the Millers and the MC Donald) "one of the mothers realized the mistake, but chose to to keep it quiet until forty three later. Switched At Birth | This American Life (http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/360/switched-at-birth)

I just just finished an hour of streaming, to this story with (Ira Glass, on this American life) I thought I should share this with you all, IF YOUR ABLE TO!! you could listen at home.

Mash
03-25-2012, 12:36 PM
The people involved seem to have worked things out.

The involved mothers never pursued their suspicions.

PS- be careful of Wikipedia- they have a few howlers in there.

father
04-23-2012, 05:10 AM
Please help me.
What is a Stock Car?

Hyfi
04-23-2012, 05:21 AM
Please help me.
What is a Stock Car?

Gee, you really are an A Hole

Mash
04-23-2012, 06:24 AM
Awwm Hifi, do not be so harsh...

A (NASCAR) stock car is a production car (Impala, Camry, etc.) that is not really stock. The Camry V6 engine is a Double Overhead Cam (DOC) variable timing multivalve engine, and to build a stock car this engine is then replaced with a pushrod V8. All NASCAR stock cars use pushrod V8 engines. A reinforcing/roll cage is welded inside the car and the doors are welded shut for greater body strength and stiffness. And so on. This is how a stock car is built. All clear, now?

Hyfi
04-23-2012, 06:27 AM
Awwm Hifi, do not be so harsh...

A (NASCAR) stock car is a production car (Impala, Camry, etc.) that is not really stock. The Camry V6 engine is a Double Overhead Cam (DOC) variable timing multivalve engine, and to build a stock car this engine is then replaced with a pushrod V8. All NASCAR stock cars use pushrod V8 engines. A reinforcing/roll cage is welded inside the car and the doors are welded shut for greater body strength and stiffness. And so on. This is how a stock car is built. All clear, now?

LOL, I suggested a google search for one of his other stupid questions. My harshness is really directed at those who continue to allow this to continue and then wonder why there is nobody posting here.

winston
04-23-2012, 07:39 AM
LOL, I suggested a google search for one of his other stupid questions. My harshness is really directed at those who continue to allow this to continue and then wonder why there is nobody posting here.

THANKS, WELL SAID SIR :thumbsup:

Sir Terrence the Terrible
04-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Are you sure this is not the story line to the movie "Big Business"?