Yaqin DAC (K9) and DAC question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yaqin DAC (K9) and DAC question

crowley
03-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Anyone got any opinions/reviews of the new Yaqin DAC-K9?
I can't find a single review on the web about it yet.
Looks pretty good and if it's like the other Yaqin gear with a few mods it should sound great.

On another note, would the sound quality be improved by my PC using an external DAC (below $1k) opposed to the internal Asus Essence STX?

bullethead
03-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Anyone got any opinions/reviews of the new Yaqin DAC-K9?
I can't find a single review on the web about it yet.
Looks pretty good and if it's like the other Yaqin gear with a few mods it should sound great.

On another note, would the sound quality be improved by my PC using an external DAC (below $1k) opposed to the internal Asus Essence STX?

Hey Crowley, I have that DAC the Yaqin DAC-K9, it sounds fantastic. I'm sure it would outperform your Asus.

StevenSurprenant
03-11-2014, 05:06 AM
I don't know anything about the Yaqin DAC, but I do own a Yaqin integrated tube amp and the Yaqin phono preamp.

The amp has been retubed and is simply better sounding than any amp I've owned at any price.

The phono preamp has been heavily modded, so much so that I'm not sure I can call it a Yaqin any more, but it is a major step up from normal phono preamps. In stock form, it was decent and worth the money.

As for 12AU7 tubes, I finally went with Full Music tubes which is a modern tube (in production now). These tubes completely changed the sound of my amp. (I also use Full Music 12AX7 tubes in the preamp section)

Because of the sound quality I am definitely a Yaqin fan.