What to look for in specs/chip for top audio sound in DVD player? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What to look for in specs/chip for top audio sound in DVD player?

AudioAlleyCat
04-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Besides a good picture from say a HDMI or DVI out DVD player, what do I need to look for in turns of sound reproduction from a DVD player? For best sound? Specs or certain king of chip or bits for optimum sound? I like to play DVD music concerts and need dynamic and natural sound. Whats the standard for optimum audio?
5.1, etc.

Any information is helpful. Thanks.

AVMASTER
04-17-2004, 09:46 AM
Besides a good picture from say a HDMI or DVI out DVD player, what do I need to look for in turns of sound reproduction from a DVD player? For best sound? Specs or certain king of chip or bits for optimum sound? I like to play DVD music concerts and need dynamic and natural sound. Whats the standard for optimum audio?
5.1, etc.

multi channel output for DVD-A and/or SACD, 192 khz

Geoffcin
04-18-2004, 04:35 AM
5.1, etc.

If your DVD player has this capability it will have 192khz/24bit dacs. Remember that if you want to use this high rez output you will have to use the ANALOG output from the DVD player via the RCA jacks. I use DVD-A for it's high rez Stereo output, and it is the best quality digital source available, even exceeding SACD.

AudioAlleyCat
04-18-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks, Guys.