Searching for portable speakers comparable to Bose Soundlink [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Searching for portable speakers comparable to Bose Soundlink

Mattes_01
03-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Hello y'all,

I got a question:
A friend of mine has the Bose Soundlink, an amazing device. I really love the sound. And 8hr of battery life seem to be reasonable for me.

Anyway, this is the only portable device I have ever listened to.
There might be other devices out there which provide a similar sound quality for maybe a more reasonable price (don't get me wrong, I don't mind spending 300$, but I want to get an opinion on other devices first :) ).

I have seen the Logitech Z515, which seems to be nice as well, but I am a bit skeptic when there is a factor 6 difference in prices (for the refurb. Z515).

What do you think, what are your experiences?
Or is Bose the best available in the market and all others have a feel-able sound quality difference?

I am looking forward for your opinions :)

Thanks and best regards.
Mattes

Mattes_01
03-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Is there anyone who can give me a little advise?
That would be great!

I am going back to Europe in tow weeks and I have to make a decision :)

Rgds
Mattes

JoeE SP9
03-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Haven't heard either one. However, Bose stuff is usually overpriced by a factor of four.

PolsdVigan
03-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Haven't heard either one. However, Bose stuff is usually overpriced by a factor of four.

That's what I heard from my friend. He said Bose is not worth the money in that price range. You can get a better one in a similar price

Jack Richie
11-12-2013, 12:11 AM
Hello y'all,

I got a question:
A friend of mine has the Bose Soundlink, an amazing device. I really love the sound. And 8hr of battery life seem to be reasonable for me.

Anyway, this is the only portable device I have ever listened to.
There might be other devices out there which provide a similar sound quality for maybe a more reasonable price (don't get me wrong, I don't mind spending 300$, but I want to get an opinion on other devices first :) ).

I have seen the Logitech Z515, which seems to be nice as well, but I am a bit skeptic when there is a factor 6 difference in prices (for the refurb. Z515).

What do you think, what are your experiences?
Or is Bose the best available in the market and all others have a feel-able sound quality difference?

I am looking forward for your opinions :)

Thanks and best regards.
Mattes
For Bluetooth speakers that are priced around $300, Bose Soundlink is the best hands down. It is a little expensive though and you could probably get one that has a slight reduction in sound quality for half the price. I'd suggest Logitech's Wireless Boombox if you're not too picky about how it looks. (It's flat and lengthy)

I have a few others in mind but you should probably take a look at Best Bluetooth Speakers Reviews ? Find Out Which Bluetooth Speakers Are Best For You Here (http://bestbluetoothspeakersreviews.net/) if you really want to compare these speakers side by side.

ps. JBL Flip is a good alternative too if you're looking for a very portable speaker.

PitchPerfect
04-13-2015, 08:18 AM
I know this thread is older but I just want to update for Portable Speakers there are so many better options out there that have built in Wifi now ( as opposed to just using Bluetooth) - streaming through built in wifi creates no audio compression and therefore a much better overall sound.

_______
PitchPerfect