Speaker choices [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker choices

Burchill
03-14-2012, 03:28 PM
I need opinions on two different speaker setup.
Running on a nad c370
Setup one nad c370 + klipsch rf 82
Setp two nad c370 + klipsch rf 52 + rb 61 and eventually a sub
I Will use of course speakers select and have to select both A + B speakers which is fine for me. Room size aprox. 20 wide 20

Thanks so much for all the input. Burchill

LeRoy
03-14-2012, 04:54 PM
I need opinions on two different speaker setup.
Running on a nad c370
Setup one nad c370 + klipsch rf 82
Setp two nad c370 + klipsch rf 52 + rb 61 and eventually a sub
I Will use of course speakers select and have to select both A + B speakers which is fine for me. Room size aprox. 20 wide 20

Thanks so much for all the input. Burchill

What opinions are you seeking? Are you looking to replace the Klipsch or are you looking for a sub recommendation?

Burchill
03-14-2012, 05:39 PM
No I hvhave a set of klipsch rf 52 now and I'm wondering if I should trade them for rf 82 plys money or should I keep the rf 52 and buy the rb 61 so I would have one of two setups
I nad c370 plus rf 52 and rb 61
Or choice two nad c370 and rf 82
What would be a better set or which one would you guys prefer think that makes since? Thought the first one did anyhow thanks again scott

Mr Peabody
03-14-2012, 05:48 PM
I personally would go with the 82's. I like to keep things simple though. Using a sub however would allow you more control over your sound and be beneficial if you listen to a lot of music with extreme low end. The downside of a sub is having to work with it to get it to sound right in your room and blend with your mains.

In one system I use Klipsch Heresy and I will tell you the sub will need some power to keep up with the Klipsch because they are so efficient. If the sub don't have ample power the Klipsch will drown it out. It takes big power to reproduce bass and even more to produce it loud enough to keep up with Klipsch. The Klipsch subs I've heard have been good and I would imagine they design them to keep up with their own speakers but only speculation.

mo95c
04-12-2012, 03:59 PM
I personally have not listened to the RF82's but I have heard an RF52, RB61 setup paired with a Hsu VTF-15h sub and it sounded great. Another system I've listened to that sounded good was a BIC Acoustech setup. The Acoustech set can be had for around $900 and they sound like a more mellow, less bright version of the Klipsch RF series. At least they do to me. Either way you cant go wrong with the Hsu sub, they are incredible.

sharpa
04-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Price $37.00

Arctic Sound S111 Portable Speakers, 3.5 mm connection, USB powered, small and light weight
* Compact dice-shape speakers portable and lightweight
* Balanced vocals and bass for natural sound response
* Built-in volume control
* USB-powered
* 3.5mm jack compatible with computers, MP3, DVD, CD players