New firmware for OPPO BDP-93/BDP-95 Blu-ray player (release 3/6,/12) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New firmware for OPPO BDP-93/BDP-95 Blu-ray player (release 3/6,/12)

BadAssJazz
03-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Re-posting this email notification for those of you who may have purchased a used Oppo 93 and 95, aren't listed in Oppo's registered owner directory, and are not aware of the firmware upgrade for whatever reason. FYI...

A new firmware was released for your OPPO BDP-93/BDP-95 Blu-ray player on March 6, 2012.

Version BDP9x-65-0302
Loader Version: CN0900
Sub Version: MCU93-09-0218 (BDP-93), MCU95-08-0218 (BDP-95)

Learn More

The firmware is the system software that controls the features and functions of the player. Since the Blu-ray Disc specifications are still new and evolving, it is quite possible that recently-released Blu-ray discs use certain new features that were not available when the player was designed and sold. To ensure the best viewing experience, it is important to keep the player’s firmware up-to-date. If your OPPO Blu-ray player is connected to the internet, you may upgrade the player directly over the internet.

Do not reply to this e-mail. If you have questions, you can contact us by e-mail at service@oppodigital.com or by calling during our normal business hours. Replies to this e-mail are not actively monitored.

Best Regards,
OPPO Digital Customer Service

Hyfi
03-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Hey thanks for posting. Does what you imply mean that if not in the OPPO DB, you don't get a notification on the screen at startup telling you there is a new update?

I turned on my 93 the other day to find the latest update ready to go.

BadAssJazz
03-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Hey thanks for posting. Does what you imply mean that if not in the OPPO DB, you don't get a notification on the screen at startup telling you there is a new update?

I turned on my 93 the other day to find the latest update ready to go.

If you're already connected to the 'net, you should be good to go.

But I know at least three people -- oddballs that they are -- who have not bothered to connect their BDP93s to the internet either via wifi or wired connection. All own pre-owned units. It dawned on me that there may be others like them out there who use the blu ray players sans internet connectivity.

If you aren't connected to the internet in any way, and you're not on Oppo's email list, the only way that you'll know about the updates is to check the website regularly. It's for those individuals that this post is intended primarily.

Hyfi
03-14-2012, 03:34 PM
excellent info BAJ

Worf101
03-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Good on ya mate! Thanks for the information. My Oppo usually does the self updating magic trick but I've not had her on in a few days. Might turn her on tonight just to watch the show! Thanks again..

Da (glad I got friends in low places) Worfster!

PS just gave your a green hug!

Worf101
03-19-2012, 06:57 AM
Forget my last post. I've the BDP 83. But I just got a similar email to the one posted above telling me that there's a firmware upgrade for my Oppo as well. Same procedures. Thanks for the heads up though.

Worf