The Shins on tour. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Shins on tour.

ForeverAutumn
03-13-2012, 11:39 AM
With a new album coming out in a week, I was really looking forward to catching The Shins on tour this summer. I just checked their website and saw that they were coming to town in August but was surprised to see them playing a 15,000 capacity venue.

A little more research revealed that they are opening for The Black Keys, who I have no interest in paying $77 to see.

That sucks giant hippo balls! :(

Mr MidFi
03-14-2012, 05:42 AM
With a new album coming out in a week, I was really looking forward to catching The Shins on tour this summer. I just checked their website and saw that they were coming to town in August but was surprised to see them playing a 15,000 capacity venue.

A little more research revealed that they are opening for The Black Keys, who I have no interest in paying $77 to see.

That sucks giant hippo balls! :(

Hmmm... Looking at their schedule, they're playing a bunch of fests around that TO date. And there's a certain fest that's near to my heart (and home) which hasn't announced its lineup yet, and it's running the day before, the day of and the day after the TO date.

One wonders...

ForeverAutumn
03-14-2012, 05:58 AM
Hmmmmm. One certainly does. :)

Slosh
03-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Speaking of...

NP:

ForeverAutumn
03-14-2012, 02:20 PM
How do you always get things so early?

So? Do tell...what do you think of it?

Slosh
03-16-2012, 02:55 PM
How do you always get things so early?

So? Do tell...what do you think of it?Sometimes I get pre-orders early, sometimes my local indie record store gets them early (though they are not technically supposed to sell them until release day), but in this case I just Googled "Port of Morrow FLAC" and followed the rabbit hole :)

My GF's mother has been in intensive care since Wed. so I haven't had much of a chance to listen yet (or get on a computer).

ForeverAutumn
03-16-2012, 06:58 PM
My GF's mother has been in intensive care since Wed. so I haven't had much of a chance to listen yet (or get on a computer).

I'm very sorry to hear that. I wish her the best.

Slosh
03-17-2012, 04:04 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that. I wish her the best.Thanks, she's very near the end (cancer). She already had her priest come in and give her last rights, and got to see all of her family and friends over the last several days. We just want this to end but she keeps hanging on, even though she's off of all life support (her wishes and part of her living will).

ForeverAutumn
03-17-2012, 04:55 AM
Even more sorry to hear it. I wish her a quick and painless passing then. It's nice that she's had time to say her good-byes.

Mr MidFi
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
The good news for me... looks like my suspicions are being confirmed (unofficially) with an Aug. 3 date in glorious Grant Park:

The Shins Tour Dates | Pollstar (http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=16123&SortBy=Date&SearchBy=the%20shins)

The bad news: Slosh's GF's mom. Please extend our sympathies, man.

Slosh
03-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the comments above. She passed last Sunday (the day after my GF's birthday, not a coincidence I'm sure). 300+ people at her viewing. She'll be missed by a lot of people.

Back on topic: I've spun the new Shins CD a few times now and so far no songs really stand out to me. It isn't bad or anything, just kinda there I guess. I'm a little disappointed now but I'll give it a chance to see if it will grow on me

Swish
03-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the comments above. She passed last Sunday (the day after my GF's birthday, not a coincidence I'm sure). 300+ people at her viewing. She'll be missed by a lot of people.

Back on topic: I've spun the new Shins CD a few times now and so far no songs really stand out to me. It isn't bad or anything, just kinda there I guess. I'm a little disappointed now but I'll give it a chance to see if it will grow on me

That's just sad. A not-too-close friend is undergoing treatment for cancer right now. My best friend is pretty close to him and is taking it really hard. The guy was in great shape, never smoked, yet he has lung cancer and they found some in his brain and liver. It sounds like he won't make it through this year.

Finch Platte
03-27-2012, 10:15 AM
I just picked up a promo Shins 4-song accoustic thingy, if anyone wants to hear it, lemme know & I'll lupoad it.

ForeverAutumn
03-27-2012, 10:33 AM
I just picked up a promo Shins 4-song accoustic thingy, if anyone wants to hear it, lemme know & I'll lupoad it.

Yes Please and Thank You. :)

Swish
03-28-2012, 09:48 AM

...duh! :lol:

Finch Platte
03-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Here tiz! (http://www.ge.tt/3zdH9cF?c)

And some info on it: The Shins: Port of Morrow :: Music :: Reviews :: Paste (http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2012/03/the-shins-port-of-morrow.html)

Swish
03-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Here tiz! (http://www.ge.tt/3zdH9cF?c)

And some info on it: The Shins: Port of Morrow :: Music :: Reviews :: Paste (http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2012/03/the-shins-port-of-morrow.html)

Grassy a<a>ass senior!