Mr Clean Magic Eraser - Fantastic Audio Cleaner [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mr Clean Magic Eraser - Fantastic Audio Cleaner

Poultrygeist
03-11-2012, 08:56 AM
The Magic eraser cleans everything audio related. Not only does it work great on a dirty stylus but it cleaned the strobe dots on my Technics TT and now they shine like new money. I couldn't believe the crud it took off the bushed metal top plates of my Bottlehead mono-blocks. It even cleaned an old horn tweeter face. Metal polish doesn't compare.

I also used one to remove what I thought were blems on the face of an old silver faced Marantz amp.

Don't you just love to find something that's cheap and works so well?

Feanor
03-12-2012, 04:17 AM
The Magic eraser cleans everything audio related. Not only does it work great on a dirty stylus but it cleaned the strobe dots on my Technics TT and now they shine like new money. I couldn't believe the crud it took off the bushed metal top plates of my Bottlehead mono-blocks. It even cleaned an old horn tweeter face. Metal polish doesn't compare.

I also used one to remove what I thought were blems on the face of an old silver faced Marantz amp.

Don't you just love to find something that's cheap and works so well?
It's good to hear about effective, cheap tools. :1:

TheHills44060
03-12-2012, 05:44 AM
I use the erasers on automobile rims because they are pretty good at removing brake dust but I've never used them on audio equipment. I have used quick detailer spray on painted amps and painted audio racks.

E-Stat
03-12-2012, 11:36 AM
The Magic eraser cleans everything audio related.
Not exactly. There's no substitute for a good contact cleaner like Caig Cramolin or Deoxit.

Recently cleaned all plugs and jacks with the upstairs system. Oxidation happens. And it doesn't sound pretty. :)

http://home.cablelynx.com/~rhw/audio/deoxit.jpg

Poultrygeist
03-12-2012, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't spray Deoxit on my strobe dots or cart and it won't clean a dirty face plate like Mr Clean.

E-Stat
03-12-2012, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't spray Deoxit on my strobe dots or cart and it won't clean a dirty face plate like Mr Clean.
I use each for its intended applications.