Philips MC-90 help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Philips MC-90 help

Frenchscottie
04-16-2004, 06:50 PM
Help my philips mc-90 wont open the cd trays, when you press a cd button it says TRAYS LOCKED, even the CD Writer tray. It first happened last week when I switched it on with a couple of cds already in, it let you play the cds but wouldn't open any of them, just came up with the same error TRAYS LOCKED. Eventually later that night when I had finnished listening the trays opened so I removed the cds but now nothing, can't open to insert a cd. And I can't find anything in the manual that even mentions the error TRAYS LOCKED.

mtrycraft
04-16-2004, 07:33 PM
Help my philips mc-90 wont open the cd trays, when you press a cd button it says TRAYS LOCKED, even the CD Writer tray. It first happened last week when I switched it on with a couple of cds already in, it let you play the cds but wouldn't open any of them, just came up with the same error TRAYS LOCKED. Eventually later that night when I had finnished listening the trays opened so I removed the cds but now nothing, can't open to insert a cd. And I can't find anything in the manual that even mentions the error TRAYS LOCKED.

Unplug it from the wall outlet for a number of minutes and try again.
If nothing, call Philips?

Frenchscottie
04-17-2004, 03:33 AM
Unplug it from the wall outlet for a number of minutes and try again.
If nothing, call Philips?

Thanks but I've tried that and it still the same, can't call Philips till monday.

mtrycraft
04-17-2004, 08:15 PM
Thanks but I've tried that and it still the same, can't call Philips till monday.

Pull the cover off and see if there is something jamming the mechanical parts?

Frenchscottie
04-18-2004, 01:56 AM
Ok. I didn't want to resort to that but I think i'll have to.

Frenchscottie
04-18-2004, 03:57 PM
Ok. I didn't want to resort to that but I think i'll have to.
Done it and can't find anything wrong - looks like a phone calls required.
Thanks anyway mtrycraft

mtrycraft
04-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Done it and can't find anything wrong - looks like a phone calls required.
Thanks anyway mtrycraft

We tried :)

Frenchscottie
04-20-2004, 10:14 AM
Solved the problem by calling Philips. - There is a button that says Display which you press to view various track's/disk information during playback, stop or recording.
Well if you press this button while in standby mode and hold for a few seconds the display reads Unlocked and your trays are unlocked or locked depending which way they were beforehand. So we must have pressed and held this button by mistake.

Why this information isn't in the manual god only knows.

Thanks again for replying to my problem.

Cheers

Frenchscottie

Frenchscottie
04-20-2004, 10:18 AM
Solved the problem by calling Philips. - There is a button that says Display which you press to view various track's/disk information during playback, stop or recording.
Well if you press this button while in standby mode and hold for a few seconds the display reads Unlocked and your trays are unlocked or locked depending which way they were beforehand. So we must have pressed and held this button by mistake.

Why this information isn't in the manual god only knows.

Thanks again for replying to my problem.

Cheers

Frenchscottie

P.S. Even Philips' website help pages - which has the problem listed says it's due to electrostatic and to turn it of for a few minutes. So I think it's time they updated their help.