apple T V bumping up to 1080P [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : apple T V bumping up to 1080P

winston
03-08-2012, 06:59 AM
just saw this in CR report, Apple New T V will be bumping up REZ to streamlined interface at (1080P) at the same old price of $99 bucks,

they also will be dropping the price of old iPad, with the arrival of the new iPad... what's going on here (Wooch) ?

New Apple TV: A more streamlined interface and 1080p video, but still $99 (http://news.consumerreports.org/electronics/2012/03/new-apple-tv-more-streamlined-interface-1080p-video-but-still-99.html)

Rmac58
03-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Maybe they're trying to be a more consumer friendly company. Seen their cash on hand?

Amarand
03-12-2012, 10:27 AM
I was looking at the differences between the latest Roku and the Apple TV second generation, and decided yesterday on the WD TV Live Hub. I'm super happy with it. My problem with the Apple TV was that I couldn't get 1080p yesterday, plus the 2nd gen were all sold out. The Roku doesn't ship with the S/PDIF digital optical audio out, which is a bit lame. So the WD had everything I needed, and replaced my TiVo HD, without a service charge. Pretty nice.

ForeverAutumn
03-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Buggers. Couldn't they do all this with a software upgrade so that I don't have to replace my old Apple TV?

Not that I'm going to replace it, really. I use it mostly for YouTube and streaming iTunes from my Mac. So the box I have will keep me going for a while. But still, it seems like there's little if any change to the hardware. :(

Amarand
03-12-2012, 11:03 AM
They claim that it's the difference between the A4 and the A5 chip. When I was at the store last night, the guy I was talking to said that they weren't able to consistently get 1080p out of the second generation. Personally, I think that's a bunch of bull, because my four or five year old Intel MacBook can process 1080p easily, so...whatever. :)

winston
03-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Maybe they're trying to be a more consumer friendly company. Seen their cash on hand?

and it seems that there's gonna be a lot more cash in Apple's coffers soon!! look at this... New iPad poses threat to Xbox, PlayStation game consoles - The Globe and Mail (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/video-games/gaming-news/new-ipad-poses-threat-to-xbox-playstation-game-consoles/article2366468/)

Rmac58
03-12-2012, 08:26 PM
There ya go, the new iPad sold out in two days.