New Vincent C-35 CD Player [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Vincent C-35 CD Player

Jack in Wilmington
03-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Just saw the new Vincent C-35 CD player on the cover of Audio Advisor, sweet. It also has a dedicated headphone stage. So if you're in the market for either one, this would be worthy of consideration. Looks like Vincent is stepping up their game.

Poultrygeist
03-05-2012, 02:40 AM
A headphone stage is fairly common on CD players.

frenchmon
03-05-2012, 04:47 AM
Vincent stepped up a while ago....but better watch out, it a German company, but they are made in China...thats a no no!

Jack in Wilmington
03-05-2012, 06:17 AM
Vincent stepped up a while ago....but better watch out, it a German company, but they are made in China...thats a no no!

Hey Frenchie, I know how much you like your SA-T1. Is that made in China? I have no trouble with things made in China as long as the quality is there.

Hyfi
03-05-2012, 07:18 AM
I have no trouble with things made in China as long as the quality is there.

That is almost an oxymoron :)

Jack in Wilmington
03-05-2012, 07:45 AM
That is almost an oxymoron :)

What I'm saying is that if the parent company oversees the production and keeps the quality control standards up, a good product can be built. Remember the days when people scoffed at Japanese cars and now they are some of the best built out there.

frenchmon
03-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Hey Frenchie, I know how much you like your SA-T1. Is that made in China? I have no trouble with things made in China as long as the quality is there.

All Vincent is made in China at the ShengYA factory Othere wise the gear would cost more coming out of Germany. Vincent does design in Germany and oversee the QC of their product at ShengYa. Its a great product and build quality excellent.

Don't know if you know anything about ShengYa products, but their own product is outstanding as well. So its not like you are getting some shoddy product coming out of that plaint. I would not hesitate to buy more Vincent products. Its an excellent product.,

Frankly I am surprised at all the negative talk about products coming out of China. I was once told because China uses slave labor to build their product. Hell we got that in the USA as well. Yeah some stuff out of China is poor in quality. But not everything coming out of China is junk. BTW...the person who mentioned to be about bad products coming out of China, and slave labor in China....owns Emotiva gear....which is made in China.

Yeah Jack...the SA-T1 is a great product. If that same preamp was put out by AVA or Conrad Johnson, it would cost more and they would sell many more than VIncent has in the USA. IT retailed for less that $2000. But due to peoples prejudiced opinion about China made products and not being discerning about what is good and not coming out of China, they are selling themselves short and missing out on some great products.

Poultrygeist
03-07-2012, 03:12 AM
I read a recent account of how a Chinese amp factory was able to make faster QC changes on their assembly line than would be possible in a US factory. It seems that the workers live in a factory owned dorm next door and were called into work during off hours. The article went on to say that they were well compensated for their work by Chinese standards. This reminds me of the southern textile plants of my youth where the "mill' provided shelter, food, clothing and recreation etc. in exchange for hard work, flexible shift hours and decent pay. FWIW, South Carolina, my home state, was once known as the textile center of the world.

Poultrygeist
03-07-2012, 03:22 AM
My Chinese gear is as well build as my Classe gear and sounds better.

frenchmon
03-07-2012, 04:49 AM
I read a recent account of how a Chinese amp factory was able to make faster QC changes on their assembly line than would be possible in a US factory. It seems that the workers live in a factory owned dorm next door and were called into work during off hours. The article went on to say that they were well compensated for their work by Chinese standards. This reminds me of the southern textile plants of my youth where the "mill' provided shelter, food, clothing and recreation etc. in exchange for hard work, flexible shift hours and decent pay. FWIW, South Carolina, my home state, was once known as the textile center of the world.

Oh I know all about SC and the Textile business. Also, 60 minutes ran a story about 3 or 4 years ago about a Chinese plaint where the workers where given a place to sleep, and food to eat on top of there days pay. And the workers where completely satisfied. It was their way of life.

frenchmon
03-07-2012, 04:51 AM
My Chinese gear is as well build as my Classe gear and sounds better.

Well you aint telling me nothing....My Rotel preamp which is the 1090, is one of the best preamps Rotel ever put out. My Vincent preamp is better. At retail, new when they first came out, the Rotel cost $1200 and the Vincent cost $1795, so I assume the Vincent should be better.