Blown woofer in Paradigm PDR-12 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Blown woofer in Paradigm PDR-12

brian_tr
03-03-2012, 10:41 AM
My subwoofer in my PDR-12 is gone. Have had it more many years. I tried to get the face off it to replace speaker but could not get it to come apart. I was looking at the Polk Audio PSW505 and had a lot of good reviews so I thought I would try it. First I had to put a wire back on the woofer that had come off. I am not very happy with it. Think I need to go back and fix the paradigm. Any idea how to remove speaker?

Poultrygeist
03-03-2012, 05:57 PM
If surface mounted the woofer is held in with screws. If you see no screws you may need to take the plate amp off to get to it. Sometimes the woofer is hard to remove even with the screws removed as the gasket seal needs to be pried loose with a putty knife.You have either a blown woofer or a blown amp. The woofer is easily tested once you access it's terminals and hook up some leads. You can order suitable and perhaps higher quality replacements for either by speaking with a tech at Parts Express.

If I had to guess I'd say it was the amp that's bad.

brian_tr
03-05-2012, 03:34 AM
Front cover will not come off. Has the mesh cover. Can not feel any screws underneth. Tried to pry face off with screw driver and a chisel. Just destroying. Guess will try going through the back. Really sounds like blown woofer.