RIP Davy Jones. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : RIP Davy Jones.

ForeverAutumn
02-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Apparently, Davy Jones died from a heart attack earlier today. I LOVED watching The Monkees when I was a kid. That show just made me laugh and laugh. I still enjoy the music and listen to my Best of The Monkees CD. It's just fun to listen to! :)

Luvin Da Blues
02-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I still enjoy Last Train to Clarksville.

Last Train to Clarksville - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Train_to_Clarksville)

JohnMichael
02-29-2012, 12:28 PM
I was a fan of the Monkees and many of the songs by Neil Diamond and Carole King.

Smokey
02-29-2012, 12:45 PM
I love their song "Daydream Believer".

RIP

BarryL
02-29-2012, 05:26 PM
I said RIP to the Monkeys a long time ago!

ForeverAutumn
02-29-2012, 06:42 PM
I said RIP to the Monkeys a long time ago!

Then why were you wearing your I Heart The Monkees t-shirt last week?

3LB
03-01-2012, 07:50 AM
you sure it wasn't an "I heart Monkey" t-shirt?

Worf101
03-01-2012, 08:19 AM
The Monkees were the earliest incarnation of "get a pretty boy band together and sell em to teenaged girls for money" syndrome. Only Mike Nesmith (the tall dorky one with the watch cap) played any instrument with any profficiency. I'm sure Davey was chosen for the job because the band had to have its Paul McCartney at least looks wise if not musically. You know cute beyond words... which would've been "alright" if the band had a John Lennon to balance and anyone in the band could write a tune.

To Davey's and the band's collective credit they didn't take themselves too seriously. They had a good ride and when it was over they bid us adieu and left the girls smiling. Sad to see em go though.

Worf

BarryL
03-01-2012, 07:28 PM

That wasn't a t-shirt. That was a tattoo. And I still wear a toque (but only when the weather is cold, and not when I'm in southern California.

I'm sure back then I behaved like a Monkey, and I too had no musical or acting talent.

(I did watch the TV show though, when I was oh so young.)