How do you search the archives??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How do you search the archives???

Hyfi
02-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Whenever I do an advanced search fir my handle and any date, it only returns a years worth.

How do you get into the archives to find older posts to revive?

GMichael
02-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Persistence. I just kept trying until I found what I wanted.

E-Stat
02-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Whenever I do an advanced search fir my handle and any date, it only returns a years worth.

How do you get into the archives to find older posts to revive?
The search will return a maximum of 200 responses. I suspect you hit the wall before finding the post you're looking for. There are a couple of things you can do:

1. Have the search deliver the responses in ascending order. While you're still limited to 200 responses, you'll get the first 200 as opposed to the last 200.

2. Narrow the scope using multiple key words or individual forums.

I was easily able to find my first post from 12/2003. Which reminded me why I came here in the first place: I was amused at the deaf and experience-free cable "experts" like Mtrycraft. - who is now an "Audio Overlord" over at Alcoholics. :)

Hyfi
02-28-2012, 10:58 AM
The search will return a maximum of 200 responses. I suspect you hit the wall before finding the post you're looking for. There are a couple of things you can do:

1. Have the search deliver the responses in ascending order. While you're still limited to 200 responses, you'll get the first 200 as opposed to the last 200.

2. Narrow the scope using multiple key words or individual forums.

I was easily able to find my first post from 12/2003. Which reminded me why I came here in the first place: I was amused at the deaf and experience-free cable "experts" like Mtrycraft. - who is now an "Audio Overlord" over at Alcoholics. :)

That is exactly the stuff I am looking for. I spent the first year or two here exclusively on the Cable forum and having fun with Mtry and his Band of Merry DBTers.

bobsticks
02-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Good advice from E-Stat...I usually go about it the opposite way, searching for names of long absent members...for cables, maybe mtrycrafts or Tony_Montana...

...or you could just go here:

http://archive.audioreview.com/07/index6.php

E-Stat
02-28-2012, 08:23 PM
maybe mtrycrafts or Tony_Montana...
Tony lives on with a new moniker.

Hyfi
02-29-2012, 04:32 AM
...or you could just go here:

http://archive.audioreview.com/07/index6.php

Thanks Sticks. Shame it's only 2001 and 2002. I was hoping to find stuff from 1998 or so when I first joined.

Smokey
02-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Tony lives on with a new moniker.

He sure did/does :)

It was fun untill he got banned from AA.