Anyone notice price jump on Atlantic Tech. AT-1 an Goldenear? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice price jump on Atlantic Tech. AT-1 an Goldenear?

whiskeytango6
02-27-2012, 02:37 PM
I am in the market for a sub $3000 loudspeaker which provides the best performance available. from personal knowledge you really have to increase paying 3x times as much to experience a difference. The two contenders I had been looking at both have had almost overnight price increases of $500 each. I am wondering if this isn't as a result of the success of the speakers and the desire to increase profits based on glowing reviews. If so, it has soured my opinion of the companies. I may revert back to Salk or Martin Logan

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-27-2012, 03:31 PM
I am in the market for a sub $3000 loudspeaker which provides the best performance available. from personal knowledge you really have to increase paying 3x times as much to experience a difference. The two contenders I had been looking at both have had almost overnight price increases of $500 each. I am wondering if this isn't as a result of the success of the speakers and the desire to increase profits based on glowing reviews. If so, it has soured my opinion of the companies. I may revert back to Salk or Martin Logan

It could very well be due to uniformly positive reviews. However, as a person that has subwoofer with the HPAS system, it could very well be the price of construction or speaker and crossover materials that has led to the increase in price.