Dylan & Amnesty International [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dylan & Amnesty International

BarryL
02-27-2012, 01:51 PM
I picked up Chimes of Freedom, which is 4 CDs of previously unreleased Bob Dylan covers with a portion of the proceeds going to Amnesty International.

That's a lot of music for $20 bucks and includes covers by some great artists, both established like Elvis Costello, Joan Baez, Lenny Kravitz and Mark Knopfler, and the younger set including Maroon 5, Miley Cyrus, Adele, and My Morning Jacket.

I still haven't gotten past the first two CDs. Its certainly a more enjoyable way to get familiar with a huge chunk of Dylan material than to try to listen to the monotonous singing of the Man himself.

A lot of value here, and a good way to discover some new artists, IMO.

ForeverAutumn
02-27-2012, 06:52 PM
I just picked it up at Costco for $15.99. :p

BarryL
02-28-2012, 07:18 AM
I just picked it up at Costco for $15.99. :p

You have holes in your t-shirts.

I heard a rumour that CostCo CDs will oxidize and you won't be able to play them in 14 years.

Not only that, but the MP3s you make from them also oxidize, and your current computer and iPod will be obsolete in 14 years.

You should be asking for your money back.

So I'm glad I paid more than you and bought my copy from a reputable CD retail merchandiser that will be out of business in a few years!

And have a tuney Tuesady!

ForeverAutumn
02-28-2012, 08:20 AM
LOL!

I'm digging these disks so far. Dylan has never sounded better IMO.

bobsticks
02-28-2012, 08:24 AM
You have holes in your t-shirts.

I heard a rumour that CostCo CDs will oxidize and you won't be able to play them in 14 years.

Not only that, but the MP3s you make from them also oxidize, and your current computer and iPod will be obsolete in 14 years.

You should be asking for your money back.

So I'm glad I paid more than you and bought my copy from a reputable CD retail merchandiser that will be out of business in a few years!

And have a tuney Tuesady!

I had to give this post Greenies...wonderful comedic subreference.

BarryL
02-28-2012, 09:15 AM
LOL!

Dylan has never sounded better IMO.

Except for Blood On The Tracks, I agree.

BarryL
02-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Listening to My Chemical Romance sing Desolation Row makes me wish The Sex Pistols had done a few Dylan songs. This band doesn't quite have the Johnny Rotten twang.