Blank CD-Rs designated 'Music or Audio Only' for stand alone CD recorders [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Blank CD-Rs designated 'Music or Audio Only' for stand alone CD recorders

lovatoj@msn.com
02-26-2012, 10:15 AM
I have a one of the first Pioneer home CD Recorder (PDR-W739) that was made that I haven't used in many years. Unfortunately what it that takes to record is a special CD-R disc and can't seem to find them. When I try to record on a regular type CD-R, for PCs I get a error message 'Pro DISC' indicating the CD-R I am trying does not have the Consumer Use designation.
After some extensive research I found out that my Pioneer recorder and other standalone recorders need CD-Rs that have been designated/labeled for 'Consumer Use Only', or "Digital Audio/Music CDRs", ONLY. These recordable blank CDs are compatible with the stand alone home recorders.., like Philips, Pioneer, Marantz, but have found out they do not manufacturer the CDRs any more.
Does anyone have an idea where I might find some of these blank CD-Rs.
I have tried ebay and amazon and actually got a lucky and found few from a seller selling old blank CDRs but I had to buy 50-60 of them before I got a few.

kelsci
02-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Brand New Maxell CD-R music spindle 50pcs. 80min 700MB up to 32x pn:034312-00/sh | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Maxell-CD-R-music-spindle-50pcs-80min-700MB-up-32x-pn-034312-00-sh-/150759747306?pt=BI_Blank_Media&hash=item2319fb2eea)

These discs you need are still available. Type in MUSCI CD-R on Ebay or google shopping. If the link I sent you works above it will take you to one seller on e-bay selling music cd-r as an example.

JohnMichael
02-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Here is a link to the discs you need. They are what I use in my Sony stand alone recorder. I bought the last discs at Staples.

Amazon.com: 100 SONY CD-R Music Disc, Digital Audio Recordable For CD Recorders and Computer Writer, 5 Assorted Color, 80 min: Electronics (http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Recordable-Recorders-Computer-Assorted/dp/B003429IWC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1330288686&sr=8-4)

lovatoj@msn.com
02-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks alot I think these will work!

Cudgel
05-24-2014, 06:40 AM
TDK, Maxell, and Sony still make these CD-R "Music" CDs for home recording decks. They are a tad more expensive as some $ goes to RIAA. They assume we are copying music cds. Anyway, after 22 years of using these, I have found Maxell to be the most reliable. The Sonys I had problems with. Your results may vary.