No Mystery [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : No Mystery

MasterCylinder
02-23-2012, 05:53 AM
I've been spinning this one a lot lately.................timeless, beautiful stuff.

1975 Grammy winner for Best Jazz Performance.

The title cut is awesome...............RTF at it's best.

Hyfi
02-23-2012, 06:59 AM

That's right, not Romantic warrior.

No Mystery was my intro to RTF and has remained my favorite for 35 years.

MasterCylinder
02-23-2012, 07:27 AM
That's right, not Romantic warrior.

No Mystery was my intro to RTF and has remained my favorite for 35 years.

I was in music school in 1973 - 76.
I bought "Where Have I Known You Before" (74) and "No Mystery" (75) the same day in 1975 and made tapes for all my friends at school............they were blown away loving this band.

In 1976, RTF gave us "Romantic Warrior" and we all got into that one.

When I say RTF at it's best, I would include those three releases, for sure. :)

Hyfi
02-23-2012, 08:08 AM
I was in music school in 1973 - 76.
I bought "Where Have I Known You Before" (74) and "No Mystery" (75) the same day in 1975 and made tapes for all my friends at school............they were blown away loving this band.

In 1976, RTF gave us "Romantic Warrior" and we all got into that one.

When I say RTF at it's best, I would include those three releases, for sure. :)

hehe, I know....just bustin on ya. Not many others here will care about this, maybe 3lb.

MasterCylinder
02-23-2012, 08:09 AM
hehe, I know....just bustin on ya. Not many others here will care about this, maybe 3lb.

Truly their loss.

Because of you, I'm spinnin' the Warrior right now at work............great stuff.
Stanley Clarke was insane.

Hyfi
02-23-2012, 08:36 AM
yeah, don't forget this one

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mrav_MSMjNs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mrav_MSMjNs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

BarryL
02-25-2012, 08:27 PM
I've been spinning this one a lot lately.................timeless, beautiful stuff.

1975 Grammy winner for Best Jazz Performance.

RTF was trail blazin' back then. Easily the culmination of the prog-fusion thing. They set the bar so high nobody has come near since. DiMiola did some great stuff in the same tradition on his late '70's solo releases.

3LB
02-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Just got into RTF a few years back, maybe '08. I actually was put off by fusion years ago, but then suddenly it all clicked. I been on a fusion kick for three or four years now. You guys ever hear Stanley Clarke's early solo stuff, like School Days or Journey To Love?

MasterCylinder
02-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Just got into RTF a few years back, maybe '08. I actually was put off by fusion years ago, but then suddenly it all clicked. I been on a fusion kick for three or four years now. You guys ever hear Stanley Clarke's early solo stuff, like School Days or Journey To Love?

Sure...........got all that stuff too.
Check out Billy Cobham's STRATUS or the early Dixie Dregs stuff...................FUSION !

Hyfi
02-28-2012, 12:46 PM
You guys ever hear Stanley Clarke's early solo stuff, like School Days?

Did ya watch the video? What song was it?

Yeah, I spin School Days all the time.