Check out Amazon's, "If you liked Michael Jackson's # 1, You'll like..." [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Check out Amazon's, "If you liked Michael Jackson's # 1, You'll like..."

dld
11-26-2003, 05:06 AM
Initially, I thought these recommendations were the result of hackers. Apparently they're from real folks, regardless, I doubt they'll last long:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/music/B0000DJE9R/advice/ref%3Dcm%5Fcustrec%5Fgl%5Fmore1/002-9367832-3022468

dld
11-26-2003, 05:15 AM
Top customer recommendations in addition to Number Ones Recommendations
1. Peter Pan: Adventures in Neverland 1

2. The Evil That Men Do: FBI Profiler Roy Hazelwood's Journey into the Minds of Sexual Predators 1

3. Predators: Pedophiles, Rapists, and Other Sex Offenders: Who They Are, How They Operate, and How We Can Protect Ourselves and Our Children 1

4. The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things 1

5. Reality Therapy for the 21st Century 1

6. Thank Heaven for Little Boys - 6 Piece Gift Set 1

7. Butthole Surfers / Live Pcppep 1

8. Los Lonely Boys [ENHANCED] 1

9. Looney Tunes - Reality Check 1

Top customer recommendations instead of Number Ones Recommendations
1. Black Like Me 1

2. Child Maltreatment : An Introduction 1

3. Unspeakable Acts: Why Men Sexually Abuse Children 1

4. Intense Device: A Journey Through Lust, Murder & the Fires of Hell

ForeverAutumn
11-26-2003, 06:07 AM
The obvious question.....what are you doing looking at Michael Jackson CDs??????

:confused:

Thanks for sharing this with us. It's always great to start the day with a good laugh!

dld
11-26-2003, 06:33 AM
there was a time when I looked forward to seeing Jackson videos, i.e., Billy Jean, Beat It, Thriller, etc., and hearing, if not the whole LPs, at least the guts off his albums. That would have ended in the mid eighties tho, what a waste since then.....

ForeverAutumn
11-26-2003, 07:10 AM
I agree with you on the videos. I used to find him very entertaining to watch. Although I've never liked his music much, just not my thing, I've always admired his talent. Personally, I don't think that I would ever listen to a Micheal Jackson CD, but I do enjoy watching his videos from the Thriller era.

I remember watching an interview with him a few years back. I forget who was doing the interview. And he just started to softly sing something. Just a whim, without any real warm-up or music or anything and his voice was so warm and smooth. It was very impressive.

I find it sad that what was such a promising life and career 15 years ago, has turned into such a freak show. He just makes me sad now. I think that the whole situation is very tragic.