What is your most hated song? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What is your most hated song?

ForeverAutumn
02-15-2012, 12:23 PM
You know that song. The one that makes you want to run screaming from the room while sticking knitting needles through your ears. The one that someone could play over and over and over and over again to torture you into leaking State secrets or confessing to a horrendous crime that you didn't commit. The one that makes you want to hang the artist by his or her fingernails so that you can scream in their face, "DUDE! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!"

I have two.

1. The Guess Who - American Woman, and
2. Lou Bega - Mambo Number 5.

Don't bother playing the song for me, just kill me. :mad2:

nobody
02-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Hey Jude is the worst because it manages to not only be awful but it goes on forever as well.

Swish
02-15-2012, 01:05 PM
There are two guys on death row about to be sent to the electric chair. He asked the first guy if he had one final request, and he said he would like to hear 'Achy Breaky Heart' just one last time. The warden said he could grant that wish. He asked the second guy if he had one final request and he said 'Please take me first."

Therein lies my answer.

Jack in Wilmington
02-15-2012, 07:23 PM
There is one that they play on the 50's XM station, "Mack The Knife" by Bobby Darin. I have to change the station when that comes on.

Also it's funny that Nobody and I picked a song from probably the greatest group of all time, but I can't stand "Michelle"

LeRoy
02-15-2012, 08:13 PM
1) Anything from Janis Joplin
2) Anything from Jim Morrison

That music just needs to be retired and stay retired.

Hyfi
02-16-2012, 04:14 AM
I may have to pick Whitney's I will always love you or that stupid ass song Clouds in your Coffee but there are many tunes that make me change the station or walk away covering my ears. The problem with these types of songs is that you only have to hear about 5 notes and it's stuck in your head all day.

Mr MidFi
02-16-2012, 06:39 AM
My answer to this question has remained unchanged for over 30 years.

"All Out of Love" by Air Supply.

Honorable Mention: "We Built This City On Rock N Roll" by Starship.

MasterCylinder
02-16-2012, 06:53 AM
There are too many to list here but............the top thing that really makes me puke is when a slide guitar player is just slightly off the note.......on lots of notes...........thus, the song that makes me instantly nauseous is :

SWEET MELISSA.............The Allman Brothers.

I need one of those airline vomit bags from just writing this............

Mr MidFi
02-16-2012, 07:43 AM
There are too many to list here but............the top thing that really makes me puke is when a slide guitar player is just slightly off the note.......on lots of notes...........thus, the song that makes me instantly nauseous is :

SWEET MELISSA.............The Allman Brothers.

I need one of those airline vomit bags from just writing this............

The outro to "Layla" by Derek & the Dominoes must drive you absolutely bat-sh!t-koo-koo.

MasterCylinder
02-16-2012, 10:16 AM
The outro to "Layla" by Derek & the Dominoes must drive you absolutely bat-sh!t-koo-koo.

AHHHHHHH !!!
(Covering ears and screaming loud.)
:)

3LB
02-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Boy From New York City by The Manhattan Transfer. This is what all white music would sound like today if Elvis hadn't happened. In fact, I don't think I know of any Manhattan Transfer song I do find agreeable. I hate their rendition of Weather Reports's Birdland. Twilight Zone is just a piece of **** of a song... maybe I should save these guys for a most hated group thread.

honorable mention:

Billy Idol's cover of a bloated Doors song, L.A. Woman.

Carly Simon and James Taylor's cover of Mocking Bird.

anything by Laurie Anderson (I so do not get this woman or how anyone else does)
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha-ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha-ah, o superma-an

and a lot of Eurotrash stuff like Da-Da-Da and Rico Suave or whatever

'Achy Breaky Heart'
yeah, that's way up on the list as well.

MasterCylinder
02-16-2012, 02:23 PM
This is what all white music would sound like today if Elvis hadn't happened.

LOL !
Great line................I'll have to remember that one.

Duds
02-18-2012, 05:52 AM
So many to list, here are a few that come to mind:

She Drives Me Crazy

Enter Sandman - (I'm a huge old school Metallica fan, so you can imagine my hatred for this hunk of sh*t song)

Old Time Rock n Roll

bobsticks
02-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Boy From New York City by The Manhattan Transfer. This is what all white music would sound like today if Elvis hadn't happened....

This made me laugh so hard I spit out lunch! Greenies for you for telling a lamentable truth.

Stone
02-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Clapton - nearly anything, but especially "Wonderful Tonight" or his atrocious cover of "I Shot the Sheriff"

or

The Doors - the most overbloated of all their overbloated crap, "The End"

Jack in Wilmington
02-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Clapton - nearly anything, but especially "Wonderful Tonight" or his atrocious cover of "I Shot the Sheriff"

or

The Doors - the most overbloated of all their overbloated crap, "The End"

One of my favorite is from his DVD "One More Car One More Rider" called My Father's Eyes.

If you don't like anything from Cream or Blind Faith, I'm sorry you missed the boat. I realize that you're into more metal and stoner rock, but sometimes you need to let the bleeding stop. After a six pack of Bud have a Sam Adams, your body will thank you.

BarryL
02-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Almost anything by Alanis Morissette. Many of the songs are catchy, but the stupidity of the lyrics and the buzzsaw voice is too much for me to stomach. When she comes on, I have to change the station.

So my choice is Thank You from Jagged Little Pill.

Stone
02-21-2012, 06:52 AM
One of my favorite is from his DVD "One More Car One More Rider" called My Father's Eyes.

If you don't like anything from Cream or Blind Faith, I'm sorry you missed the boat. I realize that you're into more metal and stoner rock, but sometimes you need to let the bleeding stop. After a six pack of Bud have a Sam Adams, your body will thank you.

Actually punk is more my speed, and there are a couple Cream songs I think are okay, but even the beloved Disraeli Gears I dislike mostly.

And for the record, I think Bud is pure swill. I'll drink a Sam Adams lager over that any day, but do prefer a nice creamy stout (especially in cold weather months) to that (musically, for example, a Justin Townes Earle).

Luvin Da Blues
02-21-2012, 07:43 AM
[QUOTE=Stone;377619]Actually punk is more my speed,.......[QUOTE]

Well that explains a lot. You do know that good music has 'soul', right? :ciappa:

Stone
02-21-2012, 10:31 AM
No, I must only listen to soul-less music, especially the stuff written or perfermed by guys with the last names Holly, Dylan, Wilson, Davies, Redding, Bowie, and Lowe. :)

Mr Peabody
02-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Don McClane, American Pie
Jackson Brown, what's that song he does for the roadies, Please Stay or Stay a Little While Longer..... I almost lost it just thinking of it.
J Geils, Centerfold
Steve Miller, Abra Ka Dabra
Anything Lady Ga Ga

Am i over my quota? :)

Robert-The-Rambler
02-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Taylor Swift

You Belong With Me

Boy George

Karma Chameleon

Paula Cole

Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?

Luvin Da Blues
02-21-2012, 04:29 PM
'Do You Think I'm Sexy' R. Stewart makes me wanna poke my ears out. :nonod::nonod::nonod:

MasterCylinder
02-22-2012, 11:39 AM
'do you think i'm sexy' r. Stewart makes me wanna poke my ears out. :nonod::nonod::nonod:

omg !
+ 1

+1001