Bon Iver - Best new artitst [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bon Iver - Best new artitst

Jim Clark
02-13-2012, 06:13 AM
I guess you're considered new if everyone ignores your first album. It was good to see another indie type win a grammy. My channel flipping landed on CBS just in time to see the presentation. To say that man is goofy would be something of an understatement. Still, I enjoyed the heck out of the album and was glad to see it garnered him a bit of recognition.

Swish
02-13-2012, 08:17 AM
I guess you're considered new if everyone ignores your first album. It was good to see another indie type win a grammy. My channel flipping landed on CBS just in time to see the presentation. To say that man is goofy would be something of an understatement. Still, I enjoyed the heck out of the album and was glad to see it garnered him a bit of recognition.

Bon Iver have been around for 4 years and they're 'new'? Riiiiight. I still don't give a rat's arse about this award show. Still a popularity contest but I do like Bon Iver.

Mr MidFi
02-13-2012, 12:06 PM
I read somewhere that there has been a flood of Twitter tweets asking "Who the f@(& is Bonnie Bear?"

And if you think that's funny, get a load of these...

Look At These Ridiculous 'Who Is Paul McCartney?' Tweets | Prefix (http://www.prefixmag.com/news/look-at-these-ridiculous-who-is-paul-mccartney-twe/61850/)

Jim Clark
02-13-2012, 01:22 PM
I read somewhere that there has been a flood of Twitter tweets asking "Who the f@(& is Bonnie Bear?"

And if you think that's funny, get a load of these...

Look At These Ridiculous 'Who Is Paul McCartney?' Tweets | Prefix (http://www.prefixmag.com/news/look-at-these-ridiculous-who-is-paul-mccartney-twe/61850/)

Same thing with Arcade Fire last year. Nice to be in the know for a change : )

3LB
02-15-2012, 09:32 AM
I like Bon Iver, but like Swishy, stopped giving a **** about the Grammies a long time ago.

bobsticks
02-16-2012, 07:17 AM
I guess you're considered new if everyone ignores your first album...

That was absolutely my first thought when I saw the thread title.