In memory of Whitney Houston [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : In memory of Whitney Houston

Smokey
02-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Her 1992 single "I Will Always Love You" from movie The Bodyguard is one of her best. Her voice soared.

RIP
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/6590229/Whitney+Houston+244houstonwhitney092506.jpg

winston
02-11-2012, 09:42 PM
my Condolences to the family, life has its ups and down, but even at 48 it was to soon!!

anyways she died close to the place that she would rather be: (the Grammy awards) RIP Whitney...

ForeverAutumn
02-12-2012, 09:02 AM
With all due respect, I was about as surprised to hear about this as I was to hear about Amy Winehouse's death.

MasterCylinder
02-13-2012, 05:24 AM
With all due respect, I was about as surprised to hear about this as I was to hear about Amy Winehouse's death.

I'm sure she's not pure & innocent, but I think Bobby Brown is a total a$$.

3LB
02-15-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm sure she's not pure & innocent, but I think Bobby Brown is a total a$$.

Not at all shocked either. Bobby Brown, it seems, got a handle on his demons and they hadn't been together for some time now anyway, AFAIK. Don't know how much her recent tirades and public outbursts, intoxication were the fault of Brown. The wife and I watched a few episodes of hers and Bobby's reality show; I said to my wife a couple of times, "damned if Bobby Brown don't come across as the saner of the two". Its very possible those two were quite the match. I'd read some time ago that her comeback wasn't going so well and that she was prone to binge drinking, pill popping, public berating of assistants, etc. Remember she got kicked off a Grammy show a few years back for being too high (or whatever) to perform? I wasn't a fan, but would have liked to seen her beat her demons and mount a comeback. Too bad...

TheHills44060
02-15-2012, 09:32 AM
I remember seeing her on Solid Gold for the first time and thinking she only got on the show because she was related to Dionne Warwick. I had no idea she could actually sing.

Hyfi
02-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Her 1992 single "I Will Always Love You" from movie The Bodyguard is one of her best. Her voice soared.

That is one of the most irritating songs I have ever heard....over and over and over and over........

Bummer she died so young, but I was never a fan. Fame and Drugs are a killer combination for sure.

Swish
02-15-2012, 01:07 PM
That is one of the most irritating songs I have ever heard....over and over and over and over........

Bummer she died so young, but I was never a fan. Fame and Drugs are a killer combination for sure.

...and destroyed it with her vocal excess. No, I wasn't a big fan either.

LeRoy
02-15-2012, 06:04 PM
As this week's news about Whitney Houston's death continue to unfold...I look at all her pics and she still was quite the beauty queen. Too bad she found no knight in shining armor to get her on the right path. While I have never been a fan of her music I do think she had a very energetic and effortless delivery in her singing style. She probably could have sung Opera if she wanted to.

ForeverAutumn
02-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Too bad she found no knight in shining armor to get her on the right path.

She needed to be her own knight in shining armour.

LeRoy
02-15-2012, 08:09 PM
F.A., yes your right...and I am all out of buts and it's too late for any what if's.

nobody
02-16-2012, 03:55 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nHRERLEM2eE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rae
02-19-2012, 06:38 PM
RIP lady. "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" is a jam that I always really liked. I wonder if anyone's ever tried to graph what intersection of gender, race, and genre will get you mythologized for drug addiction instead of made into the butt of jokes?

~Rae

3LB
02-20-2012, 04:02 AM
I wonder if anyone's ever tried to graph what intersection of gender, race, and genre will get you mythologized for drug addiction instead of made into the butt of jokes?

so... what is it that you're trying to say exactly? Do you have a theory?