Alternative to landline phone [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to landline phone

Smokey
02-08-2012, 04:05 PM
I have AT&T as my phone provider and also get DSL servive from them. They charge $20 for DSL service (1.5 mbps) alone and about $35-40 for phone service which comes out to about $60 total. Don't have long distance service and my phone use is minimum, so $40 seem kind of excessive.

My basic telephone service is $20, but by time they add all taxes, landline and FCC fees and etc, all total up to $40.

I have heard about naked DSL where you can drop the landline but keep DSL sevice, but would like to know if anybody have gone that route (or the alternative) and are satisfeid. I probably could get wireless service for half of what ATT charge for their landline service alone.

And please do not recommend Comcast :)

recoveryone
02-08-2012, 04:52 PM
I would suggest you get some string and paper cups, I can not believe how cheap you are. I can only guess you have no cell phone, for that would be the only other way. Even Vontage will cost you $30 a month and you still want internet service. Sounds like you need to learn how to hack wifi security and use someone else's internet and that would save you some money and choose not to make any calls and there you go all free and no money out of your pocket, then maybe you will go out and buy a BR movie......LOL

Smokey
02-08-2012, 05:07 PM
I would suggest you get some string and paper cups, I can not believe how cheap you are.
That is not the answer I'm looking for :nonod:

But thanks anyway.

recoveryone
02-08-2012, 05:45 PM
That is not the answer I'm looking for :nonod:

But thanks anyway.

You know I could not resist ;)